Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!!
I have looked in glossaries and CANNOT find out what this means OR what to do! Has anyone ever come across this term: (k-1, f/b) in any directions before?
This is right at the beginning of a pattern for a circular coin purse that has a zipper sewn in after it is felted.

I'd appreciate any advice or guesses! Thanks!

Cinsunriver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That u-tube video was just what I needed to figure this out! I think that this is the same as "make 1." Right?
Yes, this is increasing to make a circle.
THANKS a bunch for replying so promptly!
Cinsunriver

·
Premium Member
81,201 Posts
Cinsunriver said:
That u-tube video was just what I needed to figure this out! I think that this is the same as "make 1." Right?
NO! It's not the same as "make 1", which is usually abbreviated M1. In M1, you pick up the strand between two stitches and knit into it - twisting it to avoid having a hole. (When you want a hole - as in a lace pattern - you don't twist it.)

About 1:10 seconds into this clip, she shows very clearly how to do M1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoubM6DrOZs (I didn't have the audio on, but I'm guessing she talks too much!)

Smaller and a bit diffrently executed, at about 20 seconds into it:

There are dozens of other videos on it, too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am working on a pattern using the "eyelet stitch". It calls for K1B, which I understand how to do. The other stitches have me baffled and am having a hard time finding tutorials on them. They are K1B-F and K3-S. I have already ripped out this item 3times. HELP!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom