Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
There have been many topics about dishcloths, but what do you do with them when they get too thin and loose their luster? I've only been making them for the past year and I'm thinking rag for cleaning bathtub is one idea.

I always keep a stash of clean rags in the kitchen for mopping up spills, cleaning the front of the cupboards, wiping down the baby grandson after his messy meal, etc., instead of using my dishcloth, with I would prefer to keep cleaner for washing dishes. You could use your worn out dishcloths for that kind of work. They would also be handy to use to wipe your hands with while cooking, as professional chefs do -- faster than constantly running under water and drying.

Janice Wilkens said:
There have been many topics about dishcloths, but what do you do with them when they get too thin and loose their luster? I've only been making them for the past year and I'm thinking rag for cleaning bathtub is one idea.
That's exactly what I do ~ use them for dust rags and/or cleaning.

I have a basket of cleaning "rags". Some get washed after using for cleaning up after the dog pees in the kitchen or other such uses. Some get put in the trash after using petroleum based cleaners, etc. or anything just too nasty to put in the washer.

Last year I started knitting one dishcloth/washcloth a week so that come December I have a stack to give friends and family. The lucky ones get a bar of handmade soap wrapped in a couple of the cloths tied with raffia. I always give the cloths a vinegar soak when I finish knitting to set the dye.
When they are too worn for dishwashing they go in a bag for car washing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom