Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been busy trying new things - I knitted my first hats. The blue one was done in Bamboo yarn and I loved working with it. The black hat was done in Red Heart Love yarn. My son has decided he wants the black hat. I have also been crocheting baby items. I had a friend that wanted a sundress outfit so I picked up my hook and proceeded, was able to do the dress, shoes and hat. I made everything with Caron Soft, not sure I like it because it splits so easy.

The pink sweater is for my granddaughter Elizabeth. DonnieK and Leannab, thank you for your advice on working the sleeves in this sweater. This was the first time I had made one with the sleeves knitted right into the sweater. I couldn't get the sweater bottom or sleeves to stop rolling. I tried crocheting around it and that didn't help, any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
WOW, you really have been busy and the little crochet set is wonderful. (I'm jealous because I'm not a great one with a hook.) I think the sweater looks fine... If you really wanted to, you could pick up stitches around the sleeves and bottom amd knit some ribbing to keep it laying flat, but I think it looks cute and feminine just as is.....

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for such nice compliments. I especially appreciate the comments on the pink sweater, I was so disappointed with it rolling, but looking at in everyone eyes, I have a better appreciation for it and my GD doesn't care, she just knows her Nana made her something special.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom