Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Still going on my praying hands c2c graphgan. I'm on the downhill side now. Even if you do nothing else with your life these things take weeks. Next up, one with crossed checkered flags for a family member who used to race cars but can't any more because of health problems.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re making my GD baby blanket that has been dragged around for six years I have repaired till it is hopeless, I told her I bought magic soap that makes old blankets ( in her case it's called a lankie) to look brand new. I rather she not have a blankie, we had a discussion about her still having a blanket and she told me, your old and you still play with yarn so she should be able to have her lankie. She asked how old are you? Why ? When I am as old as you I stop having my lankie. Can't argue with that.

·
Registered
20,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
littlebunny said:
Still going on my praying hands c2c graphgan. I'm on the downhill side now. Even if you do nothing else with your life these things take weeks. Next up, one with crossed checkered flags for a family member who used to race cars but can't any more because of health problems.
Pics when done? I think you are doing a good thing for the family member. What a thoughtful thingb to do!!

·
Registered
20,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crafterwantabe said:
Oh my that's adorable.

I just finished charity scarves . Now I am crocheting a blanket.
cool, thinking of others at this time of year! People will be more than grateful for your giving heart

·
Registered
20,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fan said:
Just finished these for hospice store, now working on some little pants in bright yellow with wee yellow duck buttons.
Oh Fan, those are precious!! I wanna make some, but seems everything else comes first, on the list. My little Turbo does the shiver, shiver, shake dance when he is outside. So needs a new Christmas flavor sweater. The neighbor said he didn't look to Christmasy today, so broke our his jingle bell red and furry collar and making him a new sweater, can't have the neighbors thinking he is neglected!

ETA: he is black, and the sweater he wears now is teal.

·
Registered
20,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KNITTEN NANA said:
Re making my GD baby blanket that has been dragged around for six years I have repaired till it is hopeless, I told her I bought magic soap that makes old blankets ( in her case it's called a lankie) to look brand new. I rather she not have a blankie, we had a discussion about her still having a blanket and she told me, your old and you still play with yarn so she should be able to have her lankie. She asked how old are you? Why ? When I am as old as you I stop having my lankie. Can't argue with that.
You can not come between a girl and her lankie! Don't ya know?

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
fortunate1 said:
Oh Fan, those are precious!! I wanna make some, but seems everything else comes first, on the list. My little Turbo does the shiver, shiver, shake dance when he is outside. So needs a new Christmas flavor sweater. The neighbor said he didn't look to Christmasy today, so broke our his jingle bell red and furry collar and making him a new sweater, can't have the neighbors thinking he is neglected!
Thank you, I love making these for little ones. Nope you cannot have neighbours thinking bad things re Turbo.
He needs to get his Christmas groove on.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
For the first time in several years I am not making anything at all... With Covid and everything, I lost my mojo. Every now and then I get out the c2c poncho I was working on, but I put it down after only a few blocks. Hopefully my will to knit/crochet will return one day.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Working on a Hitchhiker while waiting for purple yarn. The yarn is a merino fingering weight from Hobby Lobby. I needed a new mindless project for TV and appointment knitting.
I finished two cowls and a hat as a Christmas gift to be mailed to my husband's childhood friends.
By the way the USPS is slow on packages these days due to higher than ever volumes generated by gifts like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,120 Posts
fortunate1 said:
With Christmas rapidly approaching I thought it might be nice to see or hear about what everyone is making.
This is next up on my needles...

https://stringydingding.com/i-got-my-elf-stuck-christmas-elf-wreath-free-crochet-pattern/

Right after I finish this for Turbo, in green and red for Christmas.
It won't let me post the link directly to the pattern..but it is Red Heart Dog Sweater.
I am knitting more of Pat Alinejad's Gnomes---Gnelfy & Gnevie. Gnelfy is finished and Gnevie is waiting for the Postman to deliver a squishy package so that I can do her hair.

Hope you like him. I think that I have made well over sixty Gnomes from various patterns so far.
ETA
Have also made six of these Christmas Wreaths. I added lights to the last two.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
I took a commission to knit mittens for a co workers girlfriend, it's a fun pattern and I'm learning a lot. Still struggling to finish my father in law's Christmas blanket, he will probably get it in the New Year. Darn Carpel Tunnel.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I’™m knitting baby things. I just found out that I’m going to be a Great Grandma (first time) in April to a little girl. Jen.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
I bought a set of Christmas towels for my neighbor and I am knitting kitchen cloths to put with the towels. Our family no longer exchanges. Our neighbor always comes over before Christmas with a gift of goodies. So, I always have something ready to give them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom