Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Beautiful! I love your colorway and stitch pattern.
I am swatching for gauge to get started on some leg warmers for my daughter. I am going to try this pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/olallie-legwarmers and have some lovely Ella Rae classic super wash heather in a wine color. I just ripped out my first swatch as it is far from gauge, so I don't have anything to add as a pic.

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gardenpoet said:
I am swatching for gauge to get started on some leg warmers for my daughter. I am going to try this pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/olallie-legwarmers and have some lovely Ella Rae classic super wash heather in a wine color.
That should make up beautifully. Thanks for including the pattern link, I saved it in my library. ????

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Thanks for asking us to post our projects! It is fun to see what everyone is doing, and makes it feel more like a community. I was just thinking this morning how thin the postings are now compared to a year ago. This is a good way to encourage engagement. I sure need it these days; this year is starting to get to me.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
sdftrace said:
I'm still practising socks! It seems to be taking forever, but am determined to master them.
Good for you! Have you finished a pair yet? Which socks are you making? Yarn? Is it a fun challenge or frustrating? I've only done one pair myself but felt a huge sense of accomplishment when they turned out like...socks! ????

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sdftrace said:
I'm still practising socks! It seems to be taking forever, but am determined to master them.
Homemade socks are worth the effort.
I just ordered some Red Heart Chic Sheet yarn on sale from Herrscheners at $3 per skein, to make the Marly Bird My First Sock. She uses larger needles & yarn so they make up quickly and breaks it down into six parts. The socks are wonderful to wear to bed or around the house.

She also has videos for each of the six parts on YouTube that explains each step in detail if you need them:

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
This hat has been lying around for a year since my last charity hat knitting binge. It got stuck away in one of my numerous knitting bags and I found it last night. Once I identified the pattern (miracle #1) and the row I was on in the color work section (miracle #2) it has been quick work. I'll post a photo once it is complete and blocked.
The other cowls and hats I have completed this past week.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I have 3 tests going on right now. One is for a crochet baby blanket book being publicized next year and no pics are allowed. I'm also knitting a caftan for myself and crocheting an hat, mitten, scarf set for an 18" doll. I should be receiving the pattern for a child's mitten test any minute.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I finished my Christmas knitting in July, so I'm tatting tree ornaments now. Then, I have spinning and dyeing for 2021 yarn for knitting. I also sew all my swatches together to make afghans. I have enough to make 3 this year.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom