Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been watching a beautiful programme on BBC2 about the change of seasons in the highlands of Scotland & wondered what your favourite season is & why. My favourite season is spring as I love to see everything springing in to life after a hard winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,096 Posts
noza said:
I have just been watching a beautiful programme on BBC2 about the change of seasons in the highlands of Scotland & wondered what your favourite season is & why. My favourite season is spring as I love to see everything springing in to life after a hard winter.
We have four seasons, here in SC. Summer, summer, summer, and road construction. I like the first one best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
I'm not young any more, (71), but still LOVE winter. Hands down...WINTER, WINTER, WINTER! Love the cold weather, love, love, love, LOVE snow. Love watching it, listening to it, walking in it, feeling it brush my face, looking at its beauty, playing in it, shoveling it, building snowmen, building snow forts, making snow angels. Love the quietness it brings. Love seeing it on the power lines, fences, bushes, trees. LOVE IT! Always feel sad when our Ohio winters don't produce a lot of snow. (Don't enjoy snowball fights, though...never did!) Snow makes your house seem cozier. Curling up in a chair, working on a craft project, near the window so you can still see its loveliness. Awesome way to spend a winter afternoon/evening. The only 'bad' things about winter is the daylight hours are much shorter, and ICE. Love snow...but not ice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,643 Posts
Friday'schild said:
I'm not young any more, (71), but still LOVE winter. Hands down...WINTER, WINTER, WINTER! Love the cold weather, love, love, love, LOVE snow. Love watching it, listening to it, walking in it, feeling it brush my face, looking at its beauty, playing in it, shoveling it, building snowmen, building snow forts, making snow angels. Love the quietness it brings. Love seeing it on the power lines, fences, bushes, trees. LOVE IT! Always feel sad when our Ohio winters don't produce a lot of snow. (Don't enjoy snowball fights, though...never did!) Snow makes your house seem cozier. Curling up in a chair, working on a craft project, near the window so you can still see its loveliness. Awesome way to spend a winter afternoon/evening. The only 'bad' things about winter is the daylight hours are much shorter, and ICE. Love snow...but not ice.
I am with you. We used to get wonderful snow in Scotland, but of course it will never snow here, and I do miss it! The best we can hope for is a hard frost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,795 Posts
Beachgirl1000 said:
We have four seasons, here in SC. Summer, summer, summer, and road construction. I like the first one best.
We have 5 here in northeastern Ohio: we have almost winter, winter, still winter, spring & orange barrel season.
Seriously, my favorite is fall. Color, crisp apples, leaves burning, pumpkins, comfort foods. Can't wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,096 Posts
charbaby said:
We have 5 here in northeastern Ohio: we have almost winter, winter, still winter, spring & orange barrel season.
Seriously, my favorite is fall. Color, crisp apples, leaves burning, pumpkins, comfort foods. Can't wait.
We lived in Columbus for years, but we didn't get the lake-effect snow that you folks get. But the snow and cold in central Ohio were more than enough for me!
Fall colors are just Mother Nature's tricksy distraction to keep us from thinking of the winter to come! Brrrrrr!
 
1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom