Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have made some slippers for myself that i have crocheted,the problem i am having is can any off you KP's advise me of an anti-slip material that i can sew to bottom.
I do not want to use glue as would like them to have a proper sole that is anti slip as i am disabled and cannot afford to have a fall,i would very much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I met someone on at our Carolinas District Annual retreat this weekend how uses tule for this and making little scrubbies. Maybe this will work; not certain.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Thank you all who replied,i have found some leather soles that you can sew or crochet on,i think they will be better as after all the work that goes into making them I do not want them to wear out on the bottoms,also I have a german shepherd that when she takes a drink she floods the kitchen and I think I would be walking around with permanatly wet feet.Thanks everyone for all your ideas.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
mandymoo said:
Hi Thank you all who replied,i have found some leather soles that you can sew or crochet on,i think they will be better as after all the work that goes into making them I do not want them to wear out on the bottoms,also I have a german shepherd that when she takes a drink she floods the kitchen and I think I would be walking around with permanatly wet feet.Thanks everyone for all your ideas.
And I thought it was just our shepherd that has a drinking problem :lol:

·
Registered
400 Posts
RobbiD said:
And I thought it was just our shepherd that has a drinking problem :lol:
Our cocker spaniel has a similar issue... for a medium sized dog he can sure leave a lot of water lying around! I too have ordered leather soles for my mules and the felted slippers I am going to make for my OH xx

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would try two layers of ultrasuede fabric or the soft leather that is used on the bottom of ballet slippers. Chances are, the ballet soles already will have the perforations for sewing punched around the edge. If you have a local leather dealer, you may be able to buy a piece of this leather and cut the soles so that they cover the entire bottom of the foot. Regular ballet soles are about an inch narrower on each side of the foot, and it is easy to lose one's balance while walking in them. There also may be some craft suppliers who have the pre-cut soles for various sizes.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I ran into the same problem when I made my grandchildren Mukluks for Christmas last year. There is several different slip resistant things you can put on the bottom of the slipper. I chose suede bottoms because I made them to last a few years. There are those bottoms that you can put on like the ones you see on the feet of kids pajamas or those thermal tube socks that you see around Christmas in the stores.
Try Amazon.com. Here are two more links. Sorry had to paste them from my Search window, because I couldn't get the links themselves into the reply.

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/102645.html

http://www.paradisefibers.com/index.php/knitting-crocheting-supplies/knitting-accessories/slipper-soles.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom