Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have recently (saturday) found out the horses ( 6-8 I believe) infront of my parents house are very underfeed. To the point one horse died last week. One a couple weeks before. And was left in a horse trailor before someone else decided to have it properly taken care of.

My mom called animal control and a report was taken. But nothing has been done. So tonight she calls me and informs me she hasn't done anything else. No call follow up or anything. So I speak to my daughter who first hand went and seen these horses, and asked her to explain a little more. She showed me some pictures. And these horses are in horrible horrible shape.

We have calls into the humane society again. Along with a nonprofit animal abuse hotline. Sent emails to Kfox (local news station) and our local paper.

What more can we do? My mom as agreed to buy a bale of hay or 2. She can't afford to do more than that. I can't do much either. Stepping on to this guys property isn't a good idea.

The sad part.... The guy who owns this land and has horses as well as rents out stalls. Is an owner of a very popular cafe. So he has the money to attend to these horses. But has failed and now they are dieing. So frustrating.

So any idea's suggestions would be wonderful. These guys need attention fast and no one seems to be doing anything.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
justcrafty said:
we had somthing simlar near here and it turned out that nearly 40 horses had to be put down. if it were me i would take pictures of his horses and hang them up on the window of his cafe.
I was thinking about doing just that. Handing out flyers. Just to prove this is wrong. This guy makes a lot of money (for our area). There is no reason for this.

Sheriff's office was called. And they took a report. They have done nothing.

Radio station. Will do. First thing in the morning. Neighbors are doing nothing. You can't see these animals from the main road. But these neighbors can't miss these animals. The mans field ends at my parents property line. Along with 4 neighbors. Seems my hubby,daughter and I are the only ones who care.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
No, really you're not. Don't give up. Keep telling people. Call all the tv and radio stations. Over and over if that's what it takes. Call the state police - over and over if that's what it takes. Don't give up. Be a nuisance if that's what it takes. Contact the newspapers. Keep calling the humane society, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, anyone and everyone. Wish I lived near you. I can be SUCH a nuisance for the welfare of animals.

Keep us posted, please.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grandma Jan said:
No, really you're not. Don't give up. Keep telling people. Call all the tv and radio stations. Over and over if that's what it takes. Call the state police - over and over if that's what it takes. Don't give up. Be a nuisance if that's what it takes. Contact the newspapers. Keep calling the humane society, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, anyone and everyone. Wish I lived near you. I can be SUCH a nuisance for the welfare of animals.

Keep us posted, please.
Oh I can do the same. If I had known sooner. Things would of gotten rolling instead of the 'wait and see' that was going on. My hubby's aunt runs the Animal rescue in another town. We have a call into her. Waiting for a call back. I'm hoping she can help out. Gonna call the paper in the morning. Emailed them tonight. Radio station tomorrow as well. This guys is gonna pay for turning a blind eye to what was going on...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Call everyone. Put those pix on all your local news' facebook page- and any other you think of. You will get action. And do it NOW.

A picture is worth a thousand words -and phonecalls. More eyes to see and hopefully donations too will pour in to help them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't called him out yet as I'm not sure if my parents are ready for his retaliation. He is a very evil man. And its my parents who live behind him.

But it will all come to light really soon. The guy got wind that there was a call made and now has people sitting outside waiting to see if the neighbors were the ones who reported him. He wants to catch them on his property. So he's already ready to stir the pot. Until it turns and burns on him.

He just doesn't know it was us and not the witch neighbors who report everything..lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
galaxycraft said:
Here is another source...
http://www.apnm.org/about/
Down at the bottom is Web Contact forms. Click on it, then click on Equine Protection Program.

ALSO
It appears the Attorney General's office has a hotline for such things.
States hotline is open 24 hours.
Check this page out and get the toll free number.
http://www.apnm.org/programs/cruelty_hotline.php
The Attorney Generals office got a message left tonight (last night depending on how you look at it). So we are hoping we get a call back today.

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
Jessianna said:
galaxycraft said:
Here is another source...
http://www.apnm.org/about/
Down at the bottom is Web Contact forms. Click on it, then click on Equine Protection Program.

ALSO
It appears the Attorney General's office has a hotline for such things.
States hotline is open 24 hours.
Check this page out and get the toll free number.
http://www.apnm.org/programs/cruelty_hotline.php
The Attorney Generals office got a message left tonight (last night depending on how you look at it). So we are hoping we get a call back today.
Keeping fingers crossed and prayers going out that your efforts and concerns are heard loud and clear.
Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree. These poor babies are hungry. Got a call back from the Attorney Generals office. They are going to forward the complaint to the livestock people. And get back to me. I sent these same pictures to him. Gave him great detail on how to get to these guys and who the owner of the property is.

The owner of the property did feed them last night and spent a few hours cleaning up the stalls and such Sunday.
Its to bad it takes a possible legal action for this guy to do anything. Now I just need to get the news involved and this guy will lose his business and he may starve and get a feel of what it was like for these poor animals.

These are the only 2 current photos we have right now. I'm hoping to get more.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom