Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think these tails are a waste of time and yarn! Ive been tempted to make one for my great niece but my practical side always kicks in. I think a nice blanket with the same or similar stitch makes more sense. I don't mean to suck the fun out of the room but it's just a thought. Happy Thursday everyone :sm02:

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
I've seen pictures of some that appear to be knit flat and gathered at the tail. That style would allow you tuck it under you for the illusion and still be no more hazardous that a regular throw. The "sleeping bag" style...no way.

I was asked to make one for a 5y/o. I looked at several patterns then declined. No way would I put that much time into a fad item for a child, not even a grandchild if I had one. Now, if I had a very close adult friend/family member who had collected mermaid themed items for years, I might consider it.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
KateLyn11 said:
I've seen pictures of some that appear to be knit flat and gathered at the tail. That style would allow you tuck it under you for the illusion and still be no more hazardous that a regular throw. The "sleeping bag" style...no way.

I was asked to make one for a 5y/o. I looked at several patterns then declined. No way would I put that much time into a fad item for a child, not even a grandchild if I had one. Now, if I had a very close adult friend/family member who had collected mermaid themed items for years, I might consider it.
My DD thinks she wants one. IF I do make one, that might be the way to go. She's in her 40s.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom