Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kiwiannie said:
With out seeing the pattern i will make a two way answer.
1:I would guess it's reverse stocking stitch.
2:you could use garter stitch.
Hope that helps.Happy knitting. :lol: :lol:
Thanks, my son just sent the picture but there is no pattern with it.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
They look great, but where would you find squamas to add?
As for the knitting, it's plain, with the purl side on the outside.

·
Registered
94 Posts
tinka said:
My son wants me to make these and I'm just wondering what stitch should I use? I would have to sew the scales into the yarn.
I would use garter stitch in the round, when I came to add a scale slip stitch onto a holder ,place scale on crochet hook or dental floss put stitch behind scale and pull thread through scale hole. Put loop back on left needle and knit or purl the stitch as pattern calls for.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
HandyFamily said:
They look great, but where would you find squamas to add?
As for the knitting, it's plain, with the purl side on the outside.
The scales are a style of Paillettes. If you Google it you will see all kinds. Iridescent ones, metallic ones and different shapes.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
the pattern in the link also called the 'Scale Mailes' the pattern is great if you can't figure this out on your own I think the price they are asking for the patter is so worth it.. think of all the time and headache saved :) plus I think they look just the same... it would also be nice in those large sequense that are jewel colored.. would make a great addition to a Mardi Gras type party.. hmmm maybe New Years!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom