Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a purse I found and almost dropped when I saw the price. It is $2,895.00, YES you are reading that correctly. The description does not say the wool used is that from a yettie, or the gold is 14K, or even that the leather is from the ear of a virgin pig!

I have seen much nicer purses done by KPers. So please don't under sell your things.

Here is the website with that purse listed:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/product.jsp?isEditorial=false&index=39&masterId=cat13030735&itemId=prod139610086&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030735cat40880736&parentId=cat40880736&ecid=NMSMFV0WL5

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
HOLY COW! THAT'S SOME PRICE FOR THE PURSE!!

GEEZ, IT SURELY MUST BE PURE GOLD AND 'YETI' FUR YARN!!!

HAHA

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I think you have to remember that the price is what the market will bear. If you can add a designer label or put something in a exclusive boutique, you can get big prices even though all of us know it could be reproduced for much less.

·
Registered
589 Posts
purl2diva said:
I think you have to remember that the price is what the market will bear. If you can add a designer label or put something in a exclusive boutique, you can get big prices even though all of us know it could be reproduced for much less.
True we all know that but Two thousand? that is going way beyond belief.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
So the purse is a Dolce & Gabbana, and it is sold at Neiman Marcus (or as my DH calls it "needless markup), but really!?!?!?! Oh, and the designer is a favorite of celebrities--those with more money than brains .

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I think its cute, any one of us could knock that off in a few days, charge half the price and laugh all the way to the bank. All we would need is a label - so keeping with the italian name, how about 'sacchetto paradiso' ( Paradise from KP and bag)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow, this one is $1000. more than the one in all leather.

furgee said:
Here is a purse I found and almost dropped when I saw the price. It is $2,895.00, YES you are reading that correctly. The description does not say the wool used is that from a yettie, or the gold is 14K, or even that the leather is from the ear of a virgin pig!

I have seen much nicer purses done by KPers. So please don't under sell your things.

Here is the website with that purse listed:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/product.jsp?isEditorial=false&index=39&masterId=cat13030735&itemId=prod139610086&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030735cat40880736&parentId=cat40880736&ecid=NMSMFV0WL5

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom