Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mother sent me 3 x 50g balls of Angora in white, leftover from a shawl she knitted.

It is beautifully soft and the label says size 3mm needles.

What can I make that will use as much of this beautiful wool as possible, I don't want to waste any!

Gloves are impractical in white. I have looked at beret patterns, but they all seem to have patterns and I don't think they will show well in angora.

Tried pattern search using angora in the search field but very poor results :|

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cowl sounds lovely. Will go and search. Does anyone else enjoy looking for patterns? I love that feeling when i have found the perfect pattern for the wool I have. I tend to fall in love with the wool first and then look for the pattern.

·
Registered
19,420 Posts
HelenF said:
My Mother sent me 3 x 50g balls of Angora in white, leftover from a shawl she knitted.

It is beautifully soft and the label says size 3mm needles.

What can I make that will use as much of this beautiful wool as possible, I don't want to waste any!

Gloves are impractical in white. I have looked at beret patterns, but they all seem to have patterns and I don't think they will show well in angora.

Tried pattern search using angora in the search field but very poor results :|
How about an earwarmer hat ..do you remember those they went across the top of the head and down the sides covering each ear and tied under the chin. Or collar for a pullover sweater to give it an added touch. Don't forget Angora sheds..a tam or beret...

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
someone was looking for a hooded scarf.. this would be beautiful for around the face in the hood part... there are lots of patterns available.. what ever you make I'm sure it will be amazing.. lucky you... and how did moms shawl turn out?? is she here on KP? or maybe you can take a pic and share. :) a white shawl made out of angora sounds wonderful

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
A friend of mine used a small amount of angora as an accent to a sweater she knit. Her choice was to make layers (stripes) of the angora in between stripes of the soft yellow that was the MC for her sweater. You could choose to put the accents anywhere you chose, like a collar, cuffs, button band, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom