Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I occasionally sell yarn on the forum and have run into a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

I am very careful to always contact the first person who contacted me about the yarn sale. All I ask is that after sending them the shipping cost they let me know if they still want the yarn.

However: I have some that just never reply and I do not know what is the right thing to do- how long should one wait for an answer. 12 hrs, 24 hrs etc before moving on to the next person in line.

I want to be fair to everyone but really do not know how to handle this problem.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I usually exchange regular emails with the first person interested because sometimes they may see their regular email before they get on KP.
When you PM the first person, you could add something like "I will hold the yarn for you for 24 (48, however many hours you want to hold it) hours from this PM. If I don't hear from you by then, I will offer it to the next person who is interested."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom