Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run across ways to join new yarn but so far don't really like what I have found. I don't like knots but haven't found much else that holds as well. I would like new ideas on this subject.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
In crocheting I work the new yard end with the ending yarn, so there aren't any knots. I work several stitches over the ending yarn with new stitches from the new skein to make sure it is connected well. Hope this helps you. Judy

·
Registered
17 Posts
I watched the videos and it is similiar to what I do, except I don't use the loop.

First, I weave (just like the video) one end of the 'new' yarn into the 'old' yarn about 3 inches from the end. Then take the 3 inches from the 'old' yarn and weave in into the 'new' yarn at the point where you started the prior weave. It works just like the 'Russian', but you don't have the loops.

My Mother (came from Norway) taught this to me when I was a child and I use it all the time because I HATE knots, too.

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
bonster said:
It sounds like that would have less bulk than the loop.
Actually, if you pull the yarn tight when you make the join, the point where the loops interconnect is the least bulky part of the join. You'll want to keep the section where the yarn is fed into itself as short as you comfortably can, because the yarn is twice as thick and can show in some cases. (The busier the stitch pattern, the less you will notice the join.)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom