Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Hope this conversation is ok on this section, I have a simple question, If it were possible for you, if it was in your hands, to do something to save one or several alpacas, would you do it?
I am from Per'u, and every year happen the same in the Andes, news like this:
"According to the Associated Press, the bitter cold is to blame for the death of at least 50,000 alpacas. An estimated 300,000 more are at risk if temperatures remain at -9 degrees Fahrenheit, which would be devastating for the indigenous families who rely on the silky fleece from the animals to make their living."

So, my question is, you would embrace, protect, shelter, give love and tenderness
What would you be able to do for them?
After all, it is because of them that we can all enjoy the most wonderful thing we have, our Knitting!

View attachment 1267757
I would do what KK has beaten me to, but more of an enclosed shed - with ventilation of some sort - and like KK my thought of them keeping each other warm as they would be together and not roaming in the open. I never thought of the hay bales though. Don't know how long this weather lasts for, but they are truly valuable animals. They would need a bit of space to exercise, but if this is normal weather pattern, would be worth the cost even and some sort of insulation. Well if it were me living there I would to save them and make life more livable for them. But I could never survive those temps either.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top Bottom