Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine told me the other day that she had given a friend a quilt, wrapped, to take to a baby shower, since she , herself was not going to be able to attend.
Fast forward two months, and my friend gets a call from her friend who says the quilt is so beautiful , and she wants to give it to her daughter, who is expecting, and my friend could just make another quilt for the intended recipient.
First of all, if this person was charged with getting the gift to the shower, why does she still have it? Secondly, if she still has it, how does she know it's beautiful ( it was wrapped when she picked it up)and third , what sort of person thinks this sort of behavior is acceptable?
I learned after all the initial discussion that the 'friend' that was supposed to deliver the quilt is the mother of the intended recipient of the quilt, so basically she is trying to steal the gift from one daughter, whose baby has already been born, to give to the other daughter who is not even through the middle of her pregnancy.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
unbelievable and rude beyond. I would ask her for the quilt back on a made up pretense and then you can give it to the recipient that you intended it for. And remember there are any more rude and selfish people that you think there are unfortunately Sorry that hat happened to you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
incredibly... crude, rude and completely ignorant... suggestion, find an opportunity to inquire of the intended recipient if she has received the gift. then explain the reason it was supposed be delivered by her mother... that mother deserves all the "outing" and rancor one could visit upon her. dear god!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would ask for the quilt back using the excuse you need to see it because you don't remember how you made it,so you can make another for the other daughter if you chose to and deliver yourself to the person it was originally made for, I wouldn't be giving her anything to give to someone, I have to say she has some nerve, some people just don't think or understand the work involved in making a blanket,

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
So very wrong. You can't trust anyone. Why didn't she do the right thing. I would let her daughter know that I sent her a gift by her mother and hope that she liked it. I am so sorry that her own mother would do something like that to her. What kind of mother is she.

·
Registered
19,282 Posts
Don't lie to her, just plainly tell her that she is to give it back to you since she couldn't be trusted to do what was
asked of her. I take that she agreed to give it to the person it was supposed to go to, and then I would tell her
after it was given back that she could no longer be considered a friend and would have to re earn the trust she
preciously had. If she did nothing, then I would tell her that she would be taken to court and made to pay for the
quilt at double the cost of a good selling price. And also let it be known around what she had done.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
misslucille40 said:
A friend of mine told me the other day that she had given a friend a quilt, wrapped, to take to a baby shower, since she , herself was not going to be able to attend.
Fast forward two months, and my friend gets a call from her friend who says the quilt is so beautiful , and she wants to give it to her daughter, who is expecting, and my friend could just make another quilt for the intended recipient.
First of all, if this person was charged with getting the gift to the shower, why does she still have it? Secondly, if she still has it, how does she know it's beautiful ( it was wrapped when she picked it up)and third , what sort of person thinks this sort of behavior is acceptable?
I learned after all the initial discussion that the 'friend' that was supposed to deliver the quilt is the mother of the intended recipient of the quilt, so basically she is trying to steal the gift from one daughter, whose baby has already been born, to give to the other daughter who is not even through the middle of her pregnancy.
Thoughts?
OMG! The nerve!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
misslucille40 said:
Thoughts?
Shameful! I'd call the intended recipient and tell her you'd made a quilt for the baby; she should pick it up from her mother. No other explanations needed.

If the grandmother wants one for the next baby, she should place the order! Make sure you let her know the price will be $100 or more.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I told my friend that were it me in the situation, I'd get the quilt back and mail it to the person she'd made it for, and that the 'friend' had lost any chance that her second daughter would get ANY quilt from me.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
sandraanny said:
incredibly... crude, rude and completely ignorant... suggestion, find an opportunity to inquire of the intended recipient if she has received the gift. then explain the reason it was supposed be delivered by her mother... that mother deserves all the "outing" and rancor one could visit upon her. dear god!
:sm24: :sm24: :sm24: :sm06:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom