Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Just read that Hobby Lobby has a 50% off coupon but they ask for a valid cell phone # and then ask for the pin # they sent to your phone.

Then I read that JoAnn's has a 60% off coupon they send to your cell phone.

First of all, I only use my cell for emergencies. Second of all, I have a plain, old fashioned cell phone that doesn't make bread or give me manicures and all that other fancy stuff those "Smarter Than Me" phones do.

And last of all, I don't want Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's calling me so I wouldn't give them my cell phone number if they gave me the stores!

Just when we get rid of the political ads and phone calls now we're gonna get bombarded just because we love yarn?

I have enough trouble with that Lisa who calls because she's so concerned about my credit (even though I don't owe anyone anything). And that man who tells me the FBI reports many breakins in my neighborhood (although I haven't heard of any). And the pseudo policeman who is so charming and sweet I go into insulin shock at the sound of his voice (at least he's real, the others have been so worried about me they have made recordings of their concerns).

What do you think of these so called coupons?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I received the 60% coupon in my email.

When they want your cell number they will text you coupon codes but you get charged by your cell company for those so I wouldn't do it.

Man I wish my smarter than me phone gave manicures. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Ann DeGray said:
Okay. Just read that Hobby Lobby has a 50% off coupon but they ask for a valid cell phone # and then ask for the pin # they sent to your phone.

First of all, I only use my cell for emergencies. Second of all, I have a plain, old fashioned cell phone that doesn't make bread or give me manicures and all that other fancy stuff those "Smarter Than Me" phones do.

And last of all, I don't want Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's calling me so I wouldn't give them my cell phone number if they gave me the stores!

Just when we get rid of the political ads and phone calls now we're gonna get bombarded just because we love yarn?

I have enough trouble with that Lisa who calls because she's so concerned about my credit (even though I don't owe anyone anything). And that man who tells me the FBI reports many breakins in my neighborhood (although I haven't heard of any). And the pseudo policeman who is so charming and sweet I go into insulin shock at the sound of his voice (at least he's real, the others have been so worried about me they have made recordings of their concerns).

We don't have Joann's or Hobby Lobby here, so I have no opinion about their coupons. Re/the calls you get, don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the name or number. Let it go to voice mail.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tennessee.Gal said:
Ann DeGray said:

We don't have Joann's or Hobby Lobby here, so I have no opinion about their coupons. Re/the calls you get, don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the name or number. Let it go to voice mail.
But then what would I have to bitch about, Mrs. Bucket?

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Have you tried signing up for the email that both Joann's and Hobby Lobby send? They are the same ones that I receive from them via text message. The only difference is if I forget to print them out I have them on my phone.

If you are getting so many nuiance calls you might want to sign up for the federal and state do not call list. It does work!

Cindy

·
Registered
673 Posts
I personally love having the coupons sent to my cell phone. I always forget to bring the printed copies. I haven't received a call from either company yet. But I sure am glad the political calls have stopped!!!
Ann DeGray said:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Ann DeGray said:

I swear when they finish calling you they call me! I detest those things and although I'm on the national Do NOT call list they still continue! I would love to know how to make them stop since repeated tries on my part hasn't made a dent - anyone got any ideas????????

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cindye6556 said:
Have you tried signing up for the email that both Joann's and Hobby Lobby send? They are the same ones that I receive from them via text message. The only difference is if I forget to print them out I have them on my phone.

If you are getting so many nuiance calls you might want to sign up for the federal and state do not call list. It does work!

Cindy
I get JoAnn's flyers all the time but have never had a 60% off, have you? And never have I had a 50% from Hobby Lobby. Have you?

We did sign up for that do not call list. Maybe I should do it again. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ann DeGray said:
Tennessee.Gal said:
Ann DeGray said:

But then what would I have to bitch about, Mrs. Bucket?
Lmao... every girl needs to bitch once in a while eh?? Funny :)

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
I currently have a 60% coupon in my email from Joann's, and it is good until Monday. Good in store only. I also have one from Michaels that is good for 25% off entire purchase.

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Ginka said:
I got the 60% coupon in their flyer in my snail mail .......
the one i got via snail mail was 60% off my custom framing order, and 40% any one regular priced item.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Some people are just lucky. I never get any coupons! I've signed up both places and at an nearby Mexican restaurant and still... no coupons. Somebody doesn't like me.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I'm pretty much all done with Joanne's after once again going into their store last Saturday, coupon in hand, only to discover 2 registers out of ten open and a line literally going all the way to 3/4 of the way through the center of their store. I'm done. I'm insulted beyond belief that they are willing not only to make loyal customers wait that long to be waited on, but to make the two employees that are working those registers do the work that 10 people should be doing during that time frame. When I asked to speak to the manager about the situation I was told that the corporate offices dictate how many people they can approve to work the registers at specific times. They know on the weekends when they have a 60 percent off coupon they are going to be busy. None of those hard working women make enough money to even support a family either. It's shameful. Corporate greed is so ugly.

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
I usually have the same problem. We only have one Joann's here in the Colorado Springs area, and for me is a 35 mile trip one way to it. I usually go to town on Sundays to do my shopping, and try to be there when they open the doors at 10. Michaels is much the same, 1 or 2 people working the registers. The only difference being that Joann's will take more than one coupon where as Michaels will only take one, period end of sentence. So economically it makes more sense to go to Joann's if making a large purchase.

·
Registered
48,142 Posts
They can keep their coupons....and their yarn. I'll shop at other chain yarn stores, LYS, or online. Whatever brilliant MBA who came up with this idea can go look for another job soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom