Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
If you make the shawl for her shoulders (also can be used as lap rug) it is nice to use pattern (or just knit extra and turn up and stitch sides) with pockets at each end. These pockets are great for cell phones, paper/pen, meds, etc.. Velcro can be used to close these pockets and contents if shawl used for lap rug at nap.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great idea! She loves pockets for tissues and stuff! Thank you!
julielacykntr said:
If you make the shawl for her shoulders (also can be used as lap rug) it is nice to use pattern (or just knit extra and turn up and stitch sides) with pockets at each end. These pockets are great for cell phones, paper/pen, meds, etc.. Velcro can be used to close these pockets and contents if shawl used for lap rug at nap.

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
julielacykntr said:
What a GREAT idea.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
583 Posts
make it to fit the lap not a lot of overhang things get caught in wheels of the chair if to long or wide. no fringe same problems I when I worked as a LPN in nursing homes was for ever untangling yarn from wheels or making sure it wasn't under foot when they stood for BR or bed time etc.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Good to hear from a LPN! You poeple are awesome, and the work you do is so important!
Colonial Cat said:
make it to fit the lap not a lot of overhang things get caught in wheels of the chair if to long or wide. no fringe same problems I when I worked as a LPN in nursing homes was for ever untangling yarn from wheels or making sure it wasn't under foot when they stood for BR or bed time etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom