Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,946 Posts
The gauge will refer to the needle used for the majority portion of the garment. For example, if a sweater pattern calls for 2 different size needles with the smaller needle used for the ribbing at the cuffs and bottom of the sweater and the larger needle used for the body, then the gauge given in the pattern is for the larger needle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
But what if you have to adjust your primary needle size to the get the gauge? Do you adjust the size of the secondary needle proportionally. For instance, pattern calls for sizes 9 and 6, with the gauge being for the size 9 needle. I need to use a size 10. Do I then use a size 7 needle?

·
Premium Member
12,946 Posts
productivecough said:
But what if you have to adjust your primary needle size to the get the gauge? Do you adjust the size of the secondary needle proportionally. For instance, pattern calls for sizes 9 and 6, with the gauge being for the size 9 needle. I need to use a size 10. Do I then use a size 7 needle?
I would.

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
productivecough said:
Yes, at least I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom