Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part I sit on my sofa and knit...right in front of the fireplace...and the TV. In summer, I'll sit on my patio (with a great view of the Rocky Mountains) and knit. I'm a truck driver, so I also take small projects to work with me and knit during my break.

Where do YOU knit? Or Crochet?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I do most of my knitting in the evening in my chair in front of our TV. But I also knit at our Senior Center on craft day, and I have been known to take my knitting along when we attend our local Township Committee meetings. They carry on their business, I listen and knit.

Happy Knitting!

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a book shop in my neighborhood, with a nice little coffee shop. Sometimes I stop in for a latte, go over to the craft area with my latte, knitting and find a comfy chair to knit it....I think the manager views me as "advertising".

·
Registered
761 Posts
I knit in my room in the winter, because it is the warmest room in the house & it is quite in here. In warm weather I like to sit out on the deck of our moble home. Whenever we go any place for very long like visiting family I always take some project with me.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
Interesting question...my recliner serves as both back support and landing area for yarn balls, bags, and pattern sheets, so I guess that's number one location in the evenings and during early morning tea....but then sometimes when i don't want to haul machines around, i knit during our weekly quilting meeting. Two friends and I meet every Thursday and quilt unless we knit or share books or sew clothing...so my recliner or with friends...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I learned to knit argyle socks in the classroom in high school (many years ago!). It was quite noisy in the room with all the girls knitting socks and bobbins clacking.
I knit on the AmTrak, airplanes, at the doctor's office, at the library, in the car (with someone else driving!), while on vacation at the beach, and while waiting at the courthouse to see if my group is selected for a jury.

This is called KIP in various knitting circles (Knitting in Public). This is a wonderful way to promote an interest in knitting! Of course, if you have seen any of my other comments on this forum - you'll see that I am usually knitting Barbie doll costumes when I am KIPping. It doesn't take long to complete an outfit (especially when I planned it that way by starting a costume at home), so I can quickly finish it while I am "out". Doll costumes are tiny, with tiny needles, and usually a bit of sparkly yarn trim or fluffy angora, or yarn with built-in sequins - anything that will catch the eye! People around me are wondering what in the world I'm doing - some come right out and ask, but others just stand or sit and watch......finally I sew the last seam, reach into my bag and pull out a Barbie doll, quickly dressing her feet-first and then hold her up for everyone to see. Skating costumes work very well when KIPping, but I also enjoy knitting a "witchie-poo" Halloween costume: Big, puffy sleeves, deep cleavage v-neckline, tight fitting down to the top of her thighs, then work a slit-skirt down to the floor, so one of her long legs can peek out of the slit. Finish with an orange and black striped witch's hat and purse shaped like a round orange pumpkin. Happy smiley faces from everyone around me!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the book lies flat, I knit while reading. If I'm a passenger in a car on a road trip, I knit while watching the scenery go by. If I'm a guest in someone's home, I knit when the host/hostess is otherwise engaged. If I'm watching TV or a Netflix movie, I knit. In other words, whenever I can! :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Besides knitting at home in my craft room (or whatever room I happen to be in at the time :wink: .....) I go to this great little shop called "The Yarn Shop". Awesome chance to see what others are working on, catch up on gossip..haha. These gals help me keep my sanity in check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
At my previous job, at a call center, I would knit/crochet in between calls or when the call volume was low. Now that I'm unemployed I knit at home. But to get out of the house I could go to the mall and knit, or maybe the library. Thanks for the idea Ladyfingers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A recliner while watching tv or listening to an audio book.
The car, of course, airplane, train, while talking on the phone. I have a red bag (grands's school colors) that I take and knit while on the bleachers at sporting events - easy stuff only so I can pay attention to the action. I don't take my knitting to church on Sunday morning, otherwise I take it for meetings, etc. What is the saying? Empty hands make work for the devil? ;-}

·
Registered
234 Posts
I knit at home, for the most part, in the corner of the couch and watching tv and chatting with hubby, I knit at Church for Tiny Stitches, and I knit at a local knit shop as well as at Paneras with a group of ladies the first Sat. of every month. While I have not done this, a lot of ladies I know knit during the church sermon -- haven't gotten up the nerve to do that, yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Am surprised they let you do that, tried to take my knitting project (using circulars no less) into a federal building (here you have to wait forever for an appt w/SS) and was told that I "could stab the needle into someone's throat". Almost, repeat almost told him that that was a very good idea, but controlled myself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I sit on my sofa with my feet propped on my coffee table. I have my laptop on my lap and use the keyboard as a table for my knitting while I watch movies or old TV series that I stream from Netflix or play on DVDs. For some reason I prefer to stream them on the computer than watch them on TV. I sometimes listen to audio books using the laptop while I'm knitting. I only indulge myself when I knit so I knit as often as I can.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom