Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about the adorable baby Ugg booties and hat, I went on an online search for the Berrocco yarns called for. I can locate the Suede, but the Crema for the trim seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Could someone please tell me if s/he has seen it anywhere recently? I did write to Berrocco but don't anticipate a reply soon--

Thanks so much,
Karen N.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tysgramum said:
Where did you find the pattern? THis sounds wonderful for my new Grandaughter!
The patterns for baby Ugg booties and cap are on this site, and I found a cute little hooded pullover called "Yeti" on the Berrocco site. Wouldn't you know that Suede and Plush are discontinued yarns??!!

Karen N.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some years ago when I was a fairly avid quilter, I would find a pattern made in fabric I loved and wanted to duplicate,(Most of my quilts were from stash)I found some, but not all the fabric called for. When I inquired, was told that the fabrics were discontinued by the time the book hits the market. This is probably true of knitting patterns. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Jvoel. A store here in Old Saybrook allegedly has it, too, but I'll check all hints! Can you tell I really like the booties, cap, and pullover?

Karen N.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amy, Pipsqueak was supposed to be on sale at Joann's this week. Of course, when I checked, they had absolutely none. I'll check other branches. The aforementioned LYS in Old Saybrook had no Plush, but recommended a "Knit One, Crochet Too" yarn called "Fleece." I'll try that in the "Yeti" pullover pattern from Berrocco.

Now, to find a substitute for Berrocco's "Suede."

Thank you, ladies, for all your help.

Karen N.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed, the Internet has led me to literally hundreds of printed-out patterns. A plan for next year's basket raffle at my mom's church is a "Basket of Booties" with a varied trove of treasures for little feet. I'll aim for different sizes, colors, and styles. After making at least 3 baskets every year for this bazaar, I think I'm running out of ideas. At least booties are small and usually not too time consuming. I might cut out little foamcore "feet" to display the booties on, and see if I can show every different pair clearly. Hmm, could probably make a basket of baby/toddler hats, too.

Karen N.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom