Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm knitting a jacket pattern bought on Interweave Store called "Cropped Jacket" designed by Teva Durham. It is knitted in geometric brioche stitch. The pattern suggests to block the pieces before sewing them together. I have never blocked before and so my question is ~ which method of blocking should I use? Do I need to treat brioche stitch differently to flat stitches like stocking stitch for instance? Any tips will be greatly appreciated as I did not get a satisfactory answer when I contacted Interweave!

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Because brioche makes such a stretchy fabric I would lay out your pieces and shape or pin if necessary to reach all measurements, and use a spray bottle with plain water. Spray all pieces until they are damp. You can use your hand and 'pat' the fabric to help the water soak in. Then just let dry completely. This way you don't have to worry about it stretching out on you with it being to wet.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Linda6885 said:
Because brioche makes such a stretchy fabric I would lay out your pieces and shape or pin if necessary to reach all measurements, and use a spray bottle with plain water. Spray all pieces until they are damp. You can use your hand and 'pat' the fabric to help the water soak in. Then just let dry completely. This way you don't have to worry about it stretching out on you with it being to wet.
Thank you, thank you ~ that makes total sense

:) Since brioche knitting and blocking are very new to me I was apprehensive about the blocking especially since I'm using expensive yarn !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom