Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer for sharp needle tips such as in lace knitting? I wish to get a set of interchangeable needles, but I have heard about so many different kinds that are good I don't know which to go with. Some, such a Hiya Hiya -I can not find a set of the sharps in a set.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi there,
If you do a search of interchangeable needles, you'll find more opinions & advice than you'll ever want :)
[I know because I asked the same ???s before buying my Denise set.]
Good luck,
kat

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I do alot of lace knitting and to me the sharp points work the best. KnitPicks have a good sharp point. They say Knitters Pride are the same, but I have them too and I do not think they are as sharp. Signature have a sharp point also. I have one Addi Lace, and was not too impressed by the tip.

If you have a LYS (local yarn shop) stop by and try out their needles. I was going to buy the 9" Addi, and tried it only to find out I did not like it at all. We all have our likes and dislikes, so maybe a trial will help you.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Hiya Hiya has both regular and sharp sets of stainless steel needles. The small set of shaeps has just come out, and the large set is expected soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I read on another forum about a company that sells the ChaioGoo circulars. Vertical Products. verticalproducts.com
I had never heard of them.

I ordered several needles, and my order was here in two days. From Billings MT to Miami. They sent out a shipped email in about an hour. Free Shipping in US and free shipping over $29.00 otherwise.

I think they are lovely needles. Perfect. Sharp points and a flawless join and a very slim cable.

They are not interchangable, but fixed circulars. They also sell bamboo. And DPN's and hooks.

I also love my KnitPicks metal circulars. I think the KnitPicks Harmonies are nice too,very pointy, but I'm tending to metal now.

Hiya Hiya and Lana Grossa are nice for points.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have Harmony and Knitters Pride and both are excellent for lace patterns. My regular Addi set would slow me down if I used them for lace but I can't speak for the Addi Lace points. They are specifically for lace patterns so would assume they would work well. If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Harmony set. I agree with the one member who suggested that you go into your lys and ask to try some different options. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I do lace knitting all the time with my Boye set and it works fine. I know some don't like Boye, but I've been very happy with this set for the past 10 years.

I just got a set of Denise's and they are working fine as well.

In neither are the points razor sharp, but sharp enough for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom