Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recognize these parts?

This sinker plate and lace carriage came in a box of odd lots that I bought and I can't find what machine they go to. The lace carriage looks like a Brother but which model? The sinker plate looks like the one on my Studio 326 but is longer and has different brushes. I can't find a site where there are pictures of the different parts or machines so I just searched everything I could think of, KP and the various KM sites and forums.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
The lace carriage is definitely a Brother one. If you can find a brother main carriage that has the same colors/strip on it then I would say it's from that model of machine. I may be wrong but I think that all Brother punch card lace carriages will fit any model of Brother punch card machine.
This e-bay listing has what looks like the same color carriage. It may be a little lighter but that could be down to the cameras flash light.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brother-KH-890-Standard-Gauge-Punchcard-KNITTING-MACHINE-KH890-/390644948657

You have said that the sinker plate is longer, is it wider as well? If it is could it be from a Singer/Studio bulky machine? Also could it be to a Singer/Studio lace carriage, I believe these are longer than the sinker plate that goes with the main carriage.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
mpalmer said:
The sinker plate looks like the one on my Knitmaster 155 chunky KM and it is the same size. Moira
I thought it might be from a Singer/Studio/Knitmaster 155. It's the only carriage that I have seen with the wires with orange knobs coming away from the sinker plate. I can't remember what these are for.....are they for weaving?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. The only difference I can see is the release latch on the lace carriage looks different. Not sure if that's a release latch but that's what I'm guessing.
I will save them for trading with other knitters.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
So THAT's a sinker plate. Always wondered.....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
susanjoy said:
If you go to Knitting Machine Museum, there are loads of pictures of different makes of machines and their accessories.
It is a very useful Website.
I did check that site but only found a few pictures of Brother KMs. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place, but under Brother 800s there were only 3 pictures.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The red-knobbed wires ARE for weaving, and since the weaving brushes are already fitted, and not an add-on, it will be a later model (Knitmaster/StudioByWhite/SilverReed/Singer than the 321, probably is very "modern", as someone's gone to the trouble of replacing a set of brushes with rubber rounds - which came in with later colour changers I think. But it will go on any of their machines. The 2 coggy discs are what will make a difference if you switch it between standard, fine, chunky or mid-gauge machines - that's all! I have some gadget sinker plates, I just swap out the cogs to use on my standard or fine gauge machines, as they have to fit between each sinker post as the carriage goes across the row.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
The lace carriage definitely belongs to an electronic Brother/KnitKing machine. 930 and later of same colors. Can be used on any 930 and later. Possibly 900 and 910, but not sure.

The sinker plates belong to Knitmaster/Silver Reed/Studio/Singer machine. It looks to also belong to a standard gauge machine.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Mikeal said:
Sewvirgo~~~~

The Lace Carriage belong to KH-910 (Brother/Knitking) machine. I have the same lace carriage with my KH-910.

Michael
Reed City, Michigan
Are you sure you have the same lace carriage with the same color stripes on it for use with your KH910?

My KH910 machine's lace carriage doesn't have those colors on it nor does the one that I have just looked at on the following......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Knitting-Machine-Brother-KH910/130978229879?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002

I would be very surprised if this lace carriage worked on a electronic machine because I don't believe that it would have the magnet on the back to read the pattern.
In fact I have never seen an electronic machine with a lace carriage that has these colors and I have owned 6 different models.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was hoping someone would have the same one and recognize it. Thanks Michael

Squiddy- I hope that someday I can look at a sinker plate and just know what everything is for. All I could tell was that it was bigger than my standard gauge plate and it had more brushes

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Mikeal said:
Sue~~
Sorry mind is a Knitking not a brother and it does have these color. It does use the magnet to go past the eletronic eyes on both ends.
Michael
Possible the machines that were retailed under the Knitking name had different colors then. Seeing that we never had machines with the Knitking name (just the Brother one) this could be why I have never seen that carriages color on an electronic machine.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Sewvirgo said:
I was hoping someone would have the same one and recognize it. Thanks Michael

Squiddy- I hope that someday I can look at a sinker plate and just know what everything is for. All I could tell was that it was bigger than my standard gauge plate and it had more brushes
Sewvirgo, look at the back of the carriage to see if there is a magnet there, it's usually in the end of the release latch....if there is one it will be for an electronic machine...if there isn't one then it will be for a punch card machine.

Lidia who posted saying that the carriage is for a KH891 machine is a very respected teacher/demonstrater over here and if the machine that it came from was initially sold on the market under the name of Brother then I would suggest that she is right.
If however there is a magnet then Mikeal has your answer.

The reason I am saying to check for the magnet is because if Lidia is correct and you sell it stating it's for an electronic machine it wont read the patterns and you wont know why. You then could possible think that it's broken and throw it out. That would be a terrible thing to happen.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,
I am pretty sure the lace carriage is for a Brother electronic machine. There is a little magnet in the end of the little arm that sticks out the back. That wouldn't be there if it was for the punchcard machine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom