Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome Virginia!

I had learned a few basic stitches when i was in junior high, i just picked it back up after 30 years!

i am a divorced grandmother and love making things too!
Glad you're here!

Myra in Bama :D

Sweet Grandbabies too!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Welcome Virginia,
What a warm group hug!!
Knitting can take over..be careful. Soon you will have "stash n stuff". And you won't ever walk out of a yarn store without a "new" yarn to try.
Those sure look like very lucky grands. Soon they will have lots of things made with love by Granny.
Welcome and enjoy. Ask if you need help. The knowledge here is unlimited!!!
Linda Granny of 3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, Myra! I was in Tennessee visiting when the picture was made. That's 2 of my six grandchildren. I live in the Upper Pensinsula of Michigan where my husband and I retired almost 6 years ago. He went to his heavenly home October 11, 2009. Knitting is filling a lot of empty space. Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure we'll write at each other again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
:) HI; I'm 72, and have knitting and crocheting for years, it one of my favorite things to do. and YES as you said you produce something of value. I am crocheting myself a sweater to wear in cold weather, it is done with the shell stitch and loads of colors, I have a stach of partial skeins of Caron's Simply Soft. I ecided to use them up. LOL, ya right, went and purchased 5 my skeins yeaterday, so I will have even more colors. I have a trunk of yarn that is left over from other projects, I had better get going on them too

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am 76 years old and have been knitting since back in the 60's and am new to this. But I like this site a lot. I make a lot of knitted presents for Christmas. I have 6 children, I have about 15 grandchildren and about 14 great grandchilden and about 14 great-great-grandchildren. So I do keep busy knitting for most of them. I can crochet very little, and oldest daughter keeps saying to me to learn to crochet and I tell her that I like to knit to much. Bev.

·
Registered
104 Posts
what ever floats your boat is what I say, if you like knitting. then knit, I learned all that I do when I was a kid, the only thing I don't do is tatting. Tried it a few time, but you can't correct misstakes it is ther forever, and sometimes I redo my knitting or crocheting a couple of times, if it is a trick pattern. by then I know the pattern well enough that the rest is a breeze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom