Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
101 - 107 of 106 Posts

· Registered
890 Posts
My go-to answer: "Tonight on Hoarders!"

My brother is moving in with me for a few months while he transitions from San Francisco to Sacramento. Which means I have to clear out my guest room closets. Which I started on last weekend. Which means now I have to decide whether to frog all those many many started-never-to-be-finsihed projects I stuck in those closets "just for now" and stash-ify that yarn, or close my eyes tight and just toss it all. Really tough choice. And I've been dispatching my stash by making cat mats http://www.knittyprofessors.com/2010/01/free-pattern-sediment-scraps-blanket.html using 15 strands of yarn and size 50 needles. I've already given away a few dozen and have about 50 for the local cat sanctuary.

So I could use the yarn . . . did I just talk myself into Kermitville?

Kate

· Registered
866 Posts
I have several answers to such remarks.
#1 Stacked up in bins against the walls, my yarn acts as insulation.
#2 Of all the bad habits one can have, collecting enough yarn to have on hand for emergencies is the least of them.
#3 Knitting keeps me out of the bars, from biting my nails, from over eating, etc.

· Registered
4,212 Posts
I am glad I bought yarn from overseas before the postage went up, my sister would comment on all the parcels I was getting and they suddenly stopped, she asked why, I told her, ' Postage from America has gone way up, now you know why I buy you never know when things are likely to change!'

101 - 107 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom