Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to a yarn shop located in LaGrange Il to purchase a set of needles. I was looking at yarn to use for preemie hats for a NICU. After a conversation with the women who was helping me, they brought out 4 beautiful blankets to add to my donations. I could not believe the generosity of this shop owner. I can't let this go unnoticed in the too often callous world. If you are ever in LaGrange Il, visit this wonderful shop.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Shop is called: The Idea Studio
515 S La Grange Rd, La Grange Il
They have wonderful yarn, beads, and buttons. Large work area as well. Very nice shop. I understand 7 less yarn shops on Chicago area yarn crawl this year. Very sad.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The best part of this is that it is not the store I usually go to. I live about 90 min north of there and go to the LYS in my town. They did this for a first timer to their shop.!But I will return. If you live in LaGrange, lucky you. It is just beautiful! Worth the trip just to see the lovely vintage homes and the many wonderful shops and restaurants.

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit and so nice of you to help with the yarn. I really enjoyed my visit and the outreach into the community. That to me is the spirit of the LYS and why I will pay the extra to support what they often give back. I liked that they also carry to many buttons, beads, etc. also very helpful carry all price points. Also another good shop for me is the Glen Ellyn Il shop. She carries globally responsible and locally spun and dyed yarn. And of course I love Three Bags Full, the shop closest to me and always fun to visit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom