Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many of us showing our support to a host of important people I though I would share why I wear Red on Friday. As a lot of you know my Son is in the Navy and is currently deployed in Mississippi for training. He will be heading out for his second year long tour in the war zone next year.
Each of us have our freedom protected by the efforts of men and woman who have joined one branch or the other of the Armed Services.
I wear Red on Friday and I shake the hand of every uniformed person I can. Perhaps I am a bit over the top with my support of them but each one is a Son or Daughter. They made a choice to do what they do. I have made the choice to show support.
Now I am not asking each of you to wear Red on Friday. I am just giving information about something that others may find interesting and perhaps remember to wear Red on Friday's.
Remember that I do not support the WAR, I support the men and woman who are protecting our Freedom. I do not support the political agenda behind the War, I support the Son's and Daughter's that have taken the commitment to Protect and Serve.

redshirtfridays.org

The mission of redshirtfridays.org is to show support for our servicemen and women. We are not a political organization. We do not care whether or not one supports or does not support the war. We care only about making our support of our servicemen and women known to our fellow Americans and the world. We are a silent majority that does not wish to remain silent anymore. We need to let our servicemen and women know we support their sacrifice and we will not forget them and we will do this by wearing red on every Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Babble on Deb and I agree with every word you babble! The service men and women of all countries have my support also. And my prayers that they all should return home safe and that war should become a thing of the past, not the future!

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kacey64 said:
Babble on Deb and I agree with every word you babble! The service men and women of all countries have my support also. And my prayers that they all should return home safe and that war should become a thing of the past, not the future!
Gee I did not think I babbles too much. But if I did I am sorry. I never mean to offend.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Thank you for sharing this with us Deb, even though we are not Americans, my hubby wears a stars and stripes pin every day.
Your son has our support xx
Will keep in our prayers and will wear red and be proud to do so.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I support every word you say Deb-Babbles - but as the mother of a son in the British Army and a daughter in the Royal Navy perhaps I am biased. I agree with showing your support to all service personnel but also to the families of those who serve. It is sometimes very difficult to watch from the sidelines and not say anything to the general public in case we offend. I wish your son well and a safe return.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
margaretcave said:
I support every word you say Deb-Babbles - but as the mother of a son in the British Army and a daughter in the Royal Navy perhaps I am biased. I agree with showing your support to all service personnel but also to the families of those who serve. It is sometimes very difficult to watch from the sidelines and not say anything to the general public in case we offend. I wish your son well and a safe return.
And a huge thank you to your son and daughter too Margaret.

I will keep them and you in my prayers too xx

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
margaretcave said:
I will Pray for you and yours too. It is very hard to keep at the side, not watch the news, not get involved with the political side of war. As parents of anyone in any military any where in the world we support our children. I pray for ALL our Military and its Allies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom