Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
Now that spring is almost here, the birds will be coming back.
I use an onion (net style) bag to put all my scrapes of yarns in. Then hang it in a tree so the birds can come and"shop" for things to use in nest building.
I also have put scrapes of fabric in also, not to big.
The birds need to be able to pull them through the opening in the net.
And it's fun to watch them.
Yeah spring is almost here.
Linda

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure your feathered friends will be very happy.
Thanks Linda

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Great Idea!! I have lots of end from my splash sweater

Granny said:
Hi Ladies,
Now that spring is almost here, the birds will be coming back.
I use an onion (net style) bag to put all my scrapes of yarns in. Then hang it in a tree so the birds can come and"shop" for things to use in nest building.
I also have put scrapes of fabric in also, not to big.
The birds need to be able to pull them through the opening in the net.
And it's fun to watch them.
Yeah spring is almost here.
Linda

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi there, What a fabulous idea about wool scraps in a mesh bag for the birds. I am going to do the exact same thing. My patio is outside my breakfast area in my kitchen and I feed the birds all year round. This will be an added treat for them and for me as well. Thanks for this great idea.

Dee Dee from Monroe Twp. NJ

·
Registered
806 Posts
Granny,
Very cute idea, net bag of scrap threads for the birdies... This winter Whilst it was so cold outside, I was knitting & threw my scrap threads out for
, I figured birds or squirrels whatever, my husband spotted the yarn on the snow & said "are you crazy, the birds are trying to be cAmoflaged not have a sycodelic nest to broadcast"anyway you must wait til spring. HaHa
Joan from Wayne

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Wow! Could not believe reading this--my grandma, who lived on the 4th floor, used to just toss her little scraps out the window for the birds to line nests.People used to think I was nuts when I did this.Whew! I am okay after a-l-l these years. What a relief!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Granny,
Thanks for the wonderful idea on yarn ends for the birds.
AnitaH.,
Thanks for the idea using dryer lint too. I know dryer lint is also very useful for starting campfires too.
Do you think the yarn ends and the lint could be combined in the same bag?
Carol L.

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ladies, DO you think that the Granny bird comes to the bag of yarn scrapes and selects what she wants. Then flies back to her nest to knit tiny egg cozy's?
OHHH it has been a very long winter!!
Anyway enjoy the thought and laugh along with me.
Linda

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom