Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH saw this pattern and asked me to knit it for one of our dear friends. She's of the Cheyene tribe and still wears shawls to Pow-Wows. We gave it to her yesterday and she seemed thrilled.
It was my first attempt at lace work and if it had not been for all the hints and methods I had read on KP, I would have frogged it.
It's an Evelyn Clark pattern. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Lovely, you should check out the Ashton Shawl Knit a long. The pattern is just wonderful and man you can learn a whole bunch about lace knitting. Dee has made this the best way to learn Lace knitting I have ever seen. I never wanted to do lace as it looked so hard. Just as you have learned from KP on this shawl I have learned from the KAL.
Great job and hope you get to make more...

·
Registered
30,455 Posts
It is a beautiful shawl!! There was alot of love into it. Tell your DH he had a good idea and thanks for modeling it for us. Great job!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
It is beautiful shawl in a beautiful color. How kind of you to find a pattern that is significant to her heritage. I'm sure she will wear it proudly.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
I bow to you. What an undertaking for a first lace roject and one with such special meaning too... That will be a big hit at the next Pow-Wow. I know the Cherokees in our family would love to have such a celebration piece. Wonderful work..

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom