Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Passap machines are excellent knitting machines. Although I haven't heard of the model you are talking about, I have the Duomatic 80 and I love it. Being Swiss made they are exceptional quality too. Go for it. Leonora

·
Registered
228 Posts
Vario "BIG" has 259 needles which makes good for knitting wide pieces. I believe it has several 'stiking plates' so that it can knit 5 mm gauge for fine yarns and 10 mm gauge for chunkier yarns. I am not sure how they work, but have read some information about them on the web. I don't have one but I am sure that they are very nice machines.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The passap vario is nothing like the other passaps. It is not a double bed machine. It is very manual. It doesn't even have a yarn mast. You need to lay the yarn over the needles for it to knit. It will knit some knubby, thick yarns that other machines can't knit.
I have a passap vario, though not the big version. Big would have been nice. I knit a lot on it but ultimately, I've moved to other machines where I don't have to lay the yarn over the needles.

Have you used any other knitting machines?

Lois

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The owner will be working and knows nothing about knitting. Her husband will be home. It was her mother's and she just wants to get rid of it. She is it selling for $100. I have used the USM and has a lot of trouble with needles dropping the yarn.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a verio and love it . also have a studio 360. I use the verio for st,ockin st,with my hand knitting. I could not find anyone that has one for help. The insruction book is very clear,but not enough info. 100.00 is a great price.But make sure you get the book and tape that should come with it .

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
ntompkins said:
The owner will be working and knows nothing about knitting. Her husband will be home. It was her mother's and she just wants to get rid of it. She is it selling for $100. I have used the USM and has a lot of trouble with needles dropping the yarn.
It probably depends more on what you want to make with it. $100.00 for most any machine with all parts and manuals is a good buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom