Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a book put aside for me at my local library. It's knitted animals but they are all knitted in the round. I watched a video on this and have decided I don't want to go there. Instead of knitting with 3 double ended needles and even numbers of stitches on each, would it work if I knitted the patterns flat using two ordinalry needles. I don't want to waste time trying only to find it doesn't work. I can't see why it wouldn't but has anyone ever tried it?

· Registered
10,998 Posts
Some may be easier then others to convert, a lot may depend on the shaping.

A suggestion - use 2 circular needles but use them as straight needles. Stick a point protector on one end of each and just use them as straight needles. The flexible-ness may help make any shaping easier to knit flat.

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou. I couldn't see why it wouldn't work. The patterns are pretty basic with not a lot of shaping. WIll have a go after I replace all the animals I sold at the market this morning.

· Registered
42,303 Posts
There are a lot of books for knitted animals that aren't knit in the round. I would so a search at the library and see what other books they have. If your library doesn't own the book they should be able to interloan it for you from another library.

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately the libraries here don't have a lot. Our local Council won't allow external loans so if I see something I like I have to go to an outlying council library. Let me explain a bit clearer. I am under Logan City Council - they only exchange from other libraries within Logan. If I want to borrow a book from outside Logan I have to drive across to Redlands Shire or go south to the Gold Coast and borrow through one of their libraries and I can get books from anywhere in Australia. With no work coming through for my husband at present, all unnecessary travel is cancelled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom