Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I wondered how many of you have made a Wingspan scarf from the Ravelry pattern link below. I am loving it and just wanted to recommend it! I chose to use some aran weight yarn I received in a UK Secret Swap so it's a bit chunkier than the original sock yarn weight. The pattern writer recommends easy stitch count alternatives to allow for your yarn and needle size choices. It uses short row shaping, is very easy and recently very portable on a holiday flight - I used a plastic circular needle which was allowed on board. Will post photo when finished.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wingspan-2

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have the first one she did that was free, i haven't gotten this newer version though.. i really enjoyed making mine i did it plain 4ply black and used 3,25 circs, it came out a lovely scarf size. well for me anyway, i am however going to do another, having a go at changing numbers etc for a different look..

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
TinaOR said:
Hi there. I wondered how many of you have made a Wingspan scarf from the Ravelry pattern link below. I am loving it and just wanted to recommend it! I chose to use some aran weight yarn I received in a UK Secret Swap so it's a bit chunkier than the original sock yarn weight. The pattern writer recommends easy stitch count alternatives to allow for your yarn and needle size choices. It uses short row shaping, is very easy and recently very portable on a holiday flight - I used a plastic circular needle which was allowed on board. Will post when finished.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wingspan-2
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've made more than a dozen.. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom