Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have started making the shawl when you turn for the short row it leaves a hole. i know how to wrap but this pattern says do not wrap in the picture i see no holes, and yet if you dont wrap you Will get a hole. again according to the pattern you never get back to these returns has anyone made this item? if so, do you know what my problem is? thanking you in advance donna

·
Registered
6,412 Posts

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
What I am doing on mine (almost done) is when I am knitting back up on the final wedge row and find those holes, I pick up a stitch from the other side of the hole, put it on my needle and knit through the back of this stitch combined with the next stitch on the needle. Closes up that hole nicely.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
I swear I never thought about a hole when I was knitting mine. I had done very little short rows so I wasn't aware that there would be a problem... I just followed the pattern and was very happy with the results.. If you stretch the fabric out you might find a hole but don't worry about it... it turns out beautiful and just the way the pattern maker wanted it to... there have been so many of us that have made it and they all turned out beautiful... do a search for pictures of it... you will see there are no glaring holes to worry about...enjoy the project... it was a lot of fun to knit ... and has a very dramatic look to it when its done... http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-83883-1.html do you see holes???? I don't.... LOL

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I just finished the Wingspan scarf last month and was concerned about having holes, too. They were noticeable during the knitting, but I just plugged along following the instructions and when I was done, they were almost invisible. Of course, if you stretch out the yarn and really look for them, you'll find them, but who's going to do that.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom