Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
tired n' cranky said:
Thanks, I thought that I had read and reread it closely, but. . .
I have a theory, if you can't find something, meantion it and it suddenly appears. Just to make me look silly!
Thanks again.
You're welcome....have fun with it.
FWIW, I've made 2 and I made them longer by 2 triangles....a total of 10 instead of 8. So, you might want to keep that possibility in mind when you buy the yarn.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
tired n' cranky said:
Thanks, I thought that I had read and reread it closely, but. . .
I have a theory, if you can't find something, meantion it and it suddenly appears. Just to make me look silly!
Thanks again.
not that it the truest statement I have ever read..LOL I feel that way very often :)

When I made my wingspan I started out trying the pattern and ended up finishing it.. I did it in Red Heart Soft and I think it took about 2 skeins I am not positive because I started out with a partial skein then ran out and put a edging on it... its a versatile pattern that is why its so popular..

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Jill, that shawl is lovely. I am dying to knit with beads, even bought a book, but so far, I haven't done it. I may need to take a class just to get a handle on the materials I need, bead sizes, etc. It seems adding the beads would give a nice heft that would make the shawl hang beautifully.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
barbdpayne said:
Jill, that shawl is lovely. I am dying to knit with beads, even bought a book, but so far, I haven't done it. I may need to take a class just to get a handle on the materials I need, bead sizes, etc. It seems adding the beads would give a nice heft that would make the shawl hang beautifully.
Barb, that is exactly what I have found. The added weight of the beads is just enough to aid in draping....they are so much fun to incorporate into just about any scarf or shawl. Hope you are able to play with beads soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom