Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4 gt grandbabies arrived between late July 2010 and Jan2011, giving me 9 gts. This last bunch each rec'd 3 sweaters and a blanket. The moms are all passing the smaller size on to the next sister(or cousin) as their babies grow. Needless to say I'm now into "bigger sizes".
Each baby had a "zip up the back" hooded a one of the 3. With our cold winter, that's been a big hit.

· Registered
16 Posts
Oh, so adorable! And the blanket is lovely too :p

Do you have a favorite kind of yarn for baby blankets? I'm just curious because I'm thinking of doing a blanket and couldn't decide what yarn would be easy care and yet show the stitches clearly.

· Registered
11,771 Posts
So adorable! And the blankie is beautiful. Ladies, I hope y'all will be open to a suggestion. When you send a pic, how about including info on it, ie, pattern make and number. You know we're going to want it.ha. I'd like the zip back hooded blanket. Also, see that ad for a cocoon blanket often but can't find a pattern. Guess I'll just make a tubular blanket and sew the borrom shut. No greats yet so I make chemo caps and baby stuff to donate, with love. Hildy

· Registered
17 Posts
...and by the way, KnitLogical, welcome to the grandmom club!! I remember feeling like I was immortal when my first grandchild was born... now he's 15 and still a darling, still makes me smile, still makes me feel like now I will live forever.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom