Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My goal with this wreath was to make something cheerful, spend NO money, and use as many different supplies as possible that I already own.

Thanks for looking!

I just finished this today (FINALLY!) and I think I’ll like it more as time goes by. This was a “watching TV project” I put aside until after the holidays. I’m at that “I’m ready to move on” stage. I needed to wrap this up before it became a chore (or worse yet, a WIP!)🙃

This project reminded me how much I HATE sewing! How I suffered with that snowman’s simple smile! And I realize I’ve been so spoiled. My sister loves to sew and she’s excellent at it. So she’s my finisher and it’s so nice to give her something incomplete and have it returned looking perfect. But it felt like giving up if I took this to her just to make a tiny smile. So I challenged myself and did it myself…confirming once again that I hate sewing and I’m not very good at it. Even though I’m not thrilled with my smile, I thought this tutorial was excellent. https://youtu.be/6gW0pxrNv9o I wonder if this is how most others do it? I made the mistake of having the snowman completely stuffed before I did the embroidery.

Oh well…thanks so much if you’re still reading this. …..and happy anniversary to me. 🎉 I just realized today it’s been 12 years since I joined Knitting Paradise. Where does the time go? 😊
Textile Natural material Headgear Hat Font

Blue Cap Creative arts Headgear Ornament

Headgear Font Circle Event Fashion accessory

· Registered
19,557 Posts
Hi all! My goal with this wreath was to make something cheerful, spend NO money, and use as many different supplies as possible that I already own.

Thanks for looking!

I just finished this today (FINALLY!) and I think I’ll like it more as time goes by. This was a “watching TV project” I put aside until after the holidays. I’m at that “I’m ready to move on” stage. I needed to wrap this up before it became a chore (or worse yet, a WIP!)🙃

This project reminded me how much I HATE sewing! How I suffered with that snowman’s simple smile! And I realize I’ve been so spoiled. My sister loves to sew and she’s excellent at it. So she’s my finisher and it’s so nice to give her something incomplete and have it returned looking perfect. But it felt like giving up if I took this to her just to make a tiny smile. So I challenged myself and did it myself…confirming once again that I hate sewing and I’m not very good at it. Even though I’m not thrilled with my smile, I thought this tutorial was excellent. https://youtu.be/6gW0pxrNv9o I wonder if this is how most others do it? I made the mistake of having the snowman completely stuffed before I did the embroidery.

Oh well…thanks so much if you’re still reading this. …..and happy anniversary to me. 🎉 I just realized today it’s been 12 years since I joined Knitting Paradise. Where does the time go? 😊
View attachment 1277040
View attachment 1277039
View attachment 1277041
I love them all ..a good use to use up those odds and ends..Coutos to you!.

· Registered
893 Posts
I, too, love that it’s a Winter Wreath. I think it is beautifully done and very creative. How fun for you and your sister to work together to make a memorable keepsake! Oh, just reread your post and you did do the sewing! Wonderful!

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top Bottom