Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first experience with intarsia knitting. If I had known what I was in for, I would've started with a more simple project! But my daughter loves wolves, so when I saw this sweater it called her name. (This is a Bergere de France pattern from their Tricot Kid 2010 book)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! I had to start over several times on the wolf. Then spent an evening watching loads of videos on youtube to figure out how to twist the yarn. It feels great to be done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. You are all so nice. It was a lot of work and I see all the mistakes, of course. But so rewarding to finally see it on her. I love the pattern. Especially the blue only on the bottom edge and the eyes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
terrific job i am a wolf lover too think next life thats me ---ha! ha! i admire you on the great job i,m alittle afraid to tackle some thing like that just pretty new at knitting but who knows one day i may thanks for sharing .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, for me it was hard. But I had only made 3 baby sweaters before this one. I had to undo my work 3 times. After that I watched a lot of youtube videos on how to do intarsia. Then I did a little practice using a simple shape - a triangle. That helped me figure out how to twist the different yarns so they were not too tight or loose and then it was easier, just takes a little time. At some points in this wolf pattern there were 12 different strands of yarn on 1 ro! Just practice first with an easy shape before jumping in like I did!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a granddaughter that turns 18 March 1st. She loves anything and everything pertaining to Wolves! I don't know if I have the ability to make the sweater by "her day" but am willing to try if.... I can find out where to get the directions, or if someone will send me the directions. Heres hoping! GrandmaDorothy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually she is a size 12 so I feel it will fit her.
Really appreciate the website... I have looked on the internet but didn't find the pattern you made and you did such a beautiful job that other's don't compare.
Thank you so much for the info and advice.
GrandmaDorothy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom