Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are almost ready to leave for a long trip in the car and I find that I don't have a knitting project to bring along. (Horrors!) I could make fingerless gloves for DGD but I only have bamboo yarn in my stash, suitable for the pattern. Would it be a waste of time and yarn to use the bamboo? Thanks for any opinions!

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Before we had our air conditioning installed, we had a very cold winter & I made a pair of fingerless
gloves, crocheted, in Bamboo for my DH in a navy colour, I had on hand. He loves them, and can
type on the keyboard with them, easily, so would also be suitable for driving as well.
I love using Bamboo and the tops I make are 60 percent bamboo & 40 percent wool. A nice smooth
yarn to use, for clothing, especially.
Good luck with your knitting and car trip!
Cheers
Moisey

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
I'm not sure it would be as warm as wool or acrylic - but than again, if the gloves need to be really warm, she would need full finger gloves, not fingerless, right? So, for a not-so-cold weather... bamboo would probably do - and it sure would be great for accessory.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If I were to be knitting gloves of any kind, I woould try to use wool or wool blend for warmth alone. I would use bamboo if I just wanted to do a fancy pattern. I don't thik bamboo would be as warm. I have had to worry about warmth for many years as I suffered from migraines and keeping my hands warm was a suggestion from my doctor at Menninger. Then alog came arthritis and diabetes, both necessitating warm hands. Isn't getting old lovely?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom