Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Saprotex yarns please. I have purchased a book o teddy bear patterns and they are knitted in Saprotex Velluto or Lussuria etcd. I believe they are South African. Can I use a UK equivalent. Marianne

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
matterton said:
Does anyone know anything about Saprotex yarns please. I have purchased a book o teddy bear patterns and they are knitted in Saprotex Velluto or Lussuria etcd. I believe they are South African. Can I use a UK equivalent. Marianne
what size needles do they suggest?

·
Registered
282 Posts
First figure out what the gauge is on the pattern and then locate a yarn which will give you the same . With the assistance of one of the clerks at your local yarn store, this should not be difficult at all. And this can also be accomplished on line if you are just patient.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
matterton said:
You could try YARNDEX and see if they have specifications for that yarn company or GOOGLE Saprotex yarns and contact them directly. You will need to know fiber content as well as guage to do a correct substitution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom