Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
I loved that magazine. My mom would renew that subscription every year...she went for the sewing and other articles. I would try out the knitting and crochet. I still use two of those patterns on a regular basis. And. ....I still have all of mine. They are safe and dry in ziplocks.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Great idea! Did you make the pansy hankie or perhaps a mother or grandmother? My grandmother loved crocheting and fortunately I do have several examples--it's memory lane no doubt--patterns came from word of mouth, later printed in the local newspapers and I do remember seeing a few Workbasket Magazines among grandmother's things--checked and it started in 1935. Congratulations on winning.

·
Registered
11,912 Posts
Great idea. Congratulations on the blue ribbon.

I have mine from 1977-1987(?) I think .. maybe longer. I love those, so many things to keep me busy (after housework and kids, that is).

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Congratulations on your recent win..love the Pansies ..They brought back memories of my Mom who use to crochet gowns for 9" dolls and one had these pansies on the bottom of the gown..I think they were called flower girls because they had so many different gowns crocheted with asst. flowers...Your creation is beautiful!

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Pansies is one of my favorite flowers. Yours are beautiful. I have tried to come up with a crochet version, but yours are beautiful. I made a little stash of mine to use on my knitted stuff.

Congratulations on your win!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom