Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on a cruise (lucky me) we have booked at the last minute and are leaving next week! Would the above be too difficult to attack while cruising or do people have other suggestions? I want a smallish project but one that will keep me occupied.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you are confident in knitting toe up socks or two at a time socks, go for it! I can't seem to get my head around the patterns for those so I do the cuff down socks. My last trip I did a couple of cowls using circ. needles and an easy pattern.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'd suggest also bringing an alternate way to finish one or both, such as the same size needle in dpns. Then if the method doesn't suit you, you can still make the socks. Personally I like making them two at a time but on separate needles (as in work up to the heel on one then set it down and work up to the heel on the other, both on separate sets of dpns or separate circulars).

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have two pair of two at a time toe-up socks on the kneedles as we write. I would certainly recomend it for a cruise trip. It is small enough to fit in my purse to work on whenever I have a spare min. I recomend the Fleegle's heel. google Fleegle's Blog. I don't know how to post a link for you. It is the best heel I've tried so far, no holes. Yay!
Enjoy a wonderful time!!!! You didn't say where this dream trip is taking you, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Congratulations!

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
AJP said:
I have two pair of two at a time toe-up socks on the kneedles as we write. I would certainly recomend it for a cruise trip. It is small enough to fit in my purse to work on whenever I have a spare min. I recomend the Fleegle's heel. google Fleegle's Blog. I don't know how to post a link for you. It is the best heel I've tried so far, no holes. Yay!
Enjoy a wonderful time!!!! You didn't say where this dream trip is taking you, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Congratulations!
http://fleeglesblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/leegles-toe-up-no-flap-no-hassle-sock.html

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi- I do two at a time on circulars. Look at the afterthought heel on wwww.theknitgirlls.com They have a great podcast for the heels. You put waste yarn in, then knit straight up to the top of the sock and bind off and then go back , take out the waste yarn see podcast for that and knit the afterthought heel.Sometimes I get lazy and as I have the same size circular needles, when I get to the heel, I have separated the socks and knitted them on separate needles. There isn't any knitting poice to smack you over the knuckles with a knitting needle if you do want to seoparate them at any point. ( My piano teacher used to hit my knuckles when I made a mistake in scales. I hated to practice.)
You can also make a cap/ hat that's knitted on a 16in circular needle. I have made 12 in the past month. They are 8inches deep and 22inches circumference, which is 10 across. (That's a small project & only takes one skein and a small skein of another color for stripes.) I just sent 8 hats to the 2 charities I knit hats for our troops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom