Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very confused with wrap and turn. Some directions have you slipping the stitch first before moving the working yarn to the opposite(front or back) side, and some directions have you moving the yarn before slipping the stitch. Does it matter? I am going to be using this technique to turn a heel on a sock.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
the difference is one st...i would do it the way they say as they should have written the pattern with that method in mind...however....having said that... I always knit the number of sts they asked for, move my yarn to the front, sl 1, move yarn back again, turn and continue.... if you KBB (knit backwards) then beg the same, knit the number of sts they say, yarn in front, sl 1, yarn in back and immediately begin going the other direction without turning...Youtube for KBB demos...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the video links. I had seen the first one, but not the other. I think I'm starting to get it, I can do it correctly on my chunky yarn and number nines and I'm hoping it will translate well to my sock yarn and tiny needles. Wish me luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom