Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone: Haven't asked for help for a little while, but could use some now. I bought a kit from Mary Maxim with two balls of Mohair Glitter. I like the yarn, note not love, but it is very pretty, but don't like the pattern at all once I got started. Does anyone have a suggestion to use a more simple pattern using this yarn. It is not easy to work with, and while I am an experienced knitter I am finding this yarn quite difficult and unforgiving. Your help will be appreciated. I would also like to say how sorry we are about the disaster that has hit your Country.

·
Registered
20,470 Posts
After looking at the site, I would like to know if this is really a Bulky (5) weight yarn? It looks more like a laceweight.

There is a pattern for Billowy Delight on a previous KP. I bought the Kid Seta yarn and found that this mohair yarn also is a little difficult to work with. The pattern is fairly plain and might be what you are looking for.

If the Mohair Glitter is laceweight, you will want something fairly plain, or use it for a lacy shawl. As you are experienced, I would think it would work great in one of Dee's shawl patterns, if there is enough.

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-115967-1.html

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
I love the yarn you are talking about! It makes a beautiful shawl. What color do you have? Revan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom