Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you burn yankee candles, if so which sort and perfume. I tend to have the tart burners. Clean cotton is my favourite right now but can't wait for the Christmas ones to be on sale again then I shall be looking for the cedar and berry wreath ones.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jessianna said:
Yankee Candles in my experience, are ok.. But you haven't had a good/great candle until you try some homemade candles.

I used to make them a few years ago to sell until my partner/mom could not do it anymore.

http://www.dakotascents.com/home1.html

This woman can really REALLy make some great candles. She does an awesome job. You should check her out!!
They sound wonderful Jessianna. They've even got apple cinnamon. Not to sure about the monkey farts though. haha

·
Registered
463 Posts
oddball said:
Jessianna said:
Yankee Candles in my experience, are ok.. But you haven't had a good/great candle until you try some homemade candles.

I used to make them a few years ago to sell until my partner/mom could not do it anymore.

This woman can really REALLy make some great candles. She does an awesome job. You should check her out!!
They sound wonderful Jessianna. They've even got apple cinnamon. Not to sure about the monkey farts though. haha
The monkey farts actually smells pretty good. When I'd order that fragrance I could never get past the name. Always had to rename it just so the 'men' wouldn't be the only one buying it.

Dakota, taught me a lot about candles and she even does classes at the convention our supplier does every year. She's really good at what she does!

I highly recommend her. Not only that but there is a lot of health benefits you get when you leave yankie candle behind and move on to a healthier soy wax. A lot of the soy wax that 'home crafters' use is edible. Until you had fragrance to it.. lol

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
Used Yankee Candles until COPD took my house over. Now I have about 6 air purifiers going in the house and candles muck these up really badly and found that I was cleaning them every day. Someone told me it was the candles that did it, so I had to see for myself. I quit using the candles and now have to clean only about every other week!
But, I do love lavendar scent and ocean breeze and clean cotton. Wish I could still use them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jessianna said:
oddball said:
Jessianna said:

The monkey farts actually smells pretty good. When I'd order that fragrance I could never get past the name. Always had to rename it just so the 'men' wouldn't be the only one buying it.

Dakota, taught me a lot about candles and she even does classes at the convention our supplier does every year. She's really good at what she does!

I highly recommend her. Not only that but there is a lot of health benefits you get when you leave yankie candle behind and move on to a healthier soy wax. A lot of the soy wax that 'home crafters' use is edible. Until you had fragrance to it.. lol
I see that Yankee candles have started doing some with soy now. Will have to try some.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom