Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi Jeanbess.

I was talking about this with my Husband the other night. I must agree with you.

That time and yarn could help with a lot of people that have no choice but to live in the open even in very cold weather.

I love trees and live in deep woodland.

Trees can mostly look after themselves.
Margaret UK

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I was thinking of making some Croshades and putting them on statues etc. around nearby towns and cities I pass through. Haven't done it yet, but thought it would be a fun idea. Those interested in Croshades, it is a free pattern crochet pattern from Squirrel Picnic. Those who knit could maybe either find or adapt the pattern if that's your thing.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
jeanbess said:
I might be a spoilsport but I think it is a wast of yarn and time trees are not cold people are
They can seam like a waste of yarn and time but they make people smile and many people that "yarn bomb" take down their artwork later on and make them into blankets for the homeless so some get duel purpose. :)

They make me smile. :)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I have said it here before and I will say it here again. A waste of time, money, yarn and effort. If people have that much of the listed to spare, create for the humane society, the hospital nurseries, the crisis centres, the homeless shelters. Put your time, money, yarn and effort to work where it is needed and appreciated. Covering trees is injurious to the trees if that is left on for any length of time. If people want to pretty up their neighbourhoods, pick up the garbage in it and plant some flowers.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
A sense of humor doesn't happen to everyone ,SAD .
I have not yarn bombed EVER but it does make me smile . I believe the people who do it are called terrorists or something like that .I wish they were the most dangerous people surrounding us !

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
mossstitch said:
A sense of humor doesn't happen to everyone ,SAD .
I have not yarn bombed EVER but it does make me smile . I believe the people who do it are called terrorists or something like that .I wish they were the most dangerous people surrounding us !
Amen.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
No , no purpose whatsoever for the trees . Someone thought they were too dull in winter and made them colorful ,who knows the trees might like it !! My LYS has a colorful totem pole like thing outside the door ,tassels and all . I think an electric transformer is underneath ,they leave it naked at night !!

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
quirkycrafter said:
I was thinking of making some Croshades and putting them on statues etc. around nearby towns and cities I pass through. Haven't done it yet, but thought it would be a fun idea. Those interested in Croshades, it is a free pattern crochet pattern from Squirrel Picnic. Those who knit could maybe either find or adapt the pattern if that's your thing.
I just looked up Croshades . Too funny. I think you have to ask permission from the powers that be.

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
Nana of 6 said:
I have said it here before and I will say it here again. A waste of time, money, yarn and effort. If people have that much of the listed to spare, create for the humane society, the hospital nurseries, the crisis centres, the homeless shelters. Put your time, money, yarn and effort to work where it is needed and appreciated. Covering trees is injurious to the trees if that is left on for any length of time. If people want to pretty up their neighbourhoods, pick up the garbage in it and plant some flowers.
I think you need a smile or two.
:sm02: :sm02:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom