Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen so many pictures of the beautiful yarn bowls=but most of them are a bit out of my price range! So I got creative--inspired by the creativity of so my others on KP!! At my local thrift shop I found a very pretty old soup tureen --- a bit smaller than usual and with a couple of tiny cracks--but $2 it was a steal!! It has a nice lid and a hole/slot where a ladle would have poked out--now it is filled with a nice ball of yarn and that pokes out of the ladle hole!! Cat is disappointed ==no yarn ball bouncing!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Love that idea. Someone on this forum also recently posted a picture of an old ceramic tea kettle with the yarn feeding out of the spout. Also a great idea. At Joanne's I bought this cheap plastic jar with a hole in the lid that works well but not nearly so pretty to look at as the other two ideas!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice idea! Someone also mentioned a teapot. You all are so clever! My favourite local antique store went out of business this fall and everything was half price. As she cleared things out, new things came to light and I found an old metal "string holder". It's a hollow metal ball, flat on the bottom with a hole on top. It comes apart like one of those plastic Easter eggs. I tried to look up the manufacturer online but couldn't find anything. Anyway, it's pretty awesome. :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I use large vases I got one yesterday that will fit a large skein of Red Heart. I just drop my yarn in and no rolling off onto the floor. I do afghans that at times requires several colors in the same rows and it is perfect to put all the balls in together. Works out great.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oooo! I have a lovely soup tureen from an auction that I have never used -- only decorative. Wonderful idea -- yours.
Now maybe my husband will stop grumping that it has never been used. No one said that it had to be used for what it was originally made.
Thank you so much for the thought! pj stitches!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom