Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
They are quite lovely. However, ceramic breaks, so be careful. If you're looking for a wooden lathed yarn bowl I have a source, made by order, and it's a charity that helps boys and girls learn carpentry and cabinet making. Each yarn bowl is unique one of a kind. $600 pesos...at the going exchange rate that's about $46, USD...plus shipping.

To avoid customs, we will have it brought across the border by someone coming to the US and then shipped from there. This is a new opportunity so there may be some hitches and delays in orders being made.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Headlemk can you give the measurements and info on ordering. thanks

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
annematilda said:
Oh my, how beautiful are they!!! Love the first one with the plate and the top in blue
I love that one too, such a neat idea. Right now (Xmas) I can't afford 1, but maybe later.
There's a beautiful crocheted one in Crochet World Feb/13 magazine, Thinking seriously about making me one, they use cotton yarn, but I'm going to use Super Saver.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
headlemk said:
They are quite lovely. However, ceramic breaks, so be careful. If you're looking for a wooden lathed yarn bowl I have a source, made by order, and it's a charity that helps boys and girls learn carpentry and cabinet making. Each yarn bowl is unique one of a kind. $600 pesos...at the going exchange rate that's about $46, USD...plus shipping.

To avoid customs, we will have it brought across the border by someone coming to the US and then shipped from there. This is a new opportunity so there may be some hitches and delays in orders being made.
OH Wow, these are gorgeous, I just love wood. Thank you so much for sharing. Keep in touch, maybe after Xmas I can get one.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
837 Posts
These are beautiful and I am "into" wood and woodgrain.
Please keep me/us posted as this source works out.
pj stitches!

headlemk said:

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Yarn bowl one of my sis' gave me

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Yarn bowl one of my sis' gave me

Attachments

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
The wooden bowls are about 5" deep and 5" in diameter. Slightly weighted at the bottom. They are made from scrap wood so some could have as many as 15 different kinds of wood in them. There are 6 different opening styles. Everything is random.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just had an idea seeing the yarn bell . You could use a terracotta flowerpot upside down on a plate. You could paint and decorate the pot if you had the time

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I had to look at the other items on the ceramic bowl site. There is a 14K gold pendant needle gauge that is $1200.00. I think I will order a few. LOL I have a wooden beautiful bowl made by Larzan's hubby and I use it every day. I don't know how I ever managed without one now, they are so handy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom