Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the description of and KPers' comments about a yarn butler, made the executive decision that I must have one. After checking several brands, opted for ChiaoGoo (love my circular needles) and was willing to pay Amazon $35 plus shipping for a butler. Before placing the order, accidentally discovered WALMART ON-LINE has ChiaoGoo Yarn Butlers for $27.29! Free shipping and no sales tax!

Just had to share to opportunity to save 10 bucks or so.

Patty

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I recently initiated a topic on the yarn Butler, and since then I was able to "test drive" the ChiaoGoo at an LYS. It's a fine product, but I opted for one I found at Etsy from Shepherdswoodworking. Black walnut, hand crafted, MADE IN USA. Excellent reviews. $30 and free shipping during August. (Hurry, after tomorrow shipping applies). It's wonderful!!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
m_azingrace said:
I recently initiated a topic on the yarn Butler, and since then I was able to "test drive" the ChiaoGoo at an LYS. It's a fine product, but I opted for one I found at Etsy from Shepherdswoodworking. Black walnut, hand crafted, MADE IN USA. Excellent reviews. $30 and free shipping during August. (Hurry, after tomorrow shipping applies). It's wonderful!!
Thanks, just ordered one!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Irish knitter said:
I'd like a yarn butler but I am torn over which is more important......yarn or yarn butler......
I had the same dilemma until I realized I have a large stash, and started thinking how pleasant it would be to have such a nice buddy. I wanted Hubby Dearest to make one for me. But when I showed him the photo, he said he couldn't make it for that price,and I probably wouldn't want to wait for as long as he would take. I cobbled something together that functioned fine, but it wasn't attractive. I wanted pretty as well as useful. (Anyway, Hubby Dearest spends more than that on beer in a month, and it has no lasting value!). ????

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Nance6 said:
what is a yarn butler? Never heard the expression.
The yarn butler (aka buddy, spinner, ball holder) is basically a spindle that turns and feeds your yarn out as you work. Many have a ball bearing device built into them. For some this can be problematic. The one I ordered (see link in previous post) has the turntable recessed up into the base to prevent tangling.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
m_azingrace said:
Hope you like it!

For others who want to look, here's the link:. He has 2 sizes. I favored the smaller, it the one featured in the August special.

www.etsy.com/shop/shepherdswoodworking
I got the smaller one too. I didn't find any notice about a special but shipping was free. Received a notice that it has shipped already. Great service.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
pommom2 said:
I got the smaller one too. I didn't find any notice about a special but shipping was free. Received a notice that it has shipped already. Great service.
I didn't realize that the shipping was free until I ordered. Then as I was browsing his other offerings I saw the announcement. Tomorrow's the last day for free shipping on the smaller yarn buddy. He has a variety of interesting handcrafted tools for spinning, and hand made crochet hooks. But I just knit. Hope you enjoy your yarn buddy when you get it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom