Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have more Gala for sale. 50gr/1.76oz made out of acrylic, polyester and nylon. Machine washable.
First is a really pretty Kelly Green yarn There are 9 of them and they go for $15 plus shipping.
Next I have 9 in navy blue. $15 plus shipping.
Then I have 9 in black also $15 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
The same - Gala brand, is available at Big Lots for $1 per ball
Plus the 'Gala' type yarn unravels when you're crocheting or knitting. Very poor quality!! Well, since it costs only $1 per ball...you get what you pay for!
Think twice before committing to a purchase!

·
Registered
33 Posts
lavande said:
Plus the 'Gala' type yarn unravels when you're crocheting or knitting. Very poor quality!! Well, since it costs only $1 per ball...you get what you pay for!
Thanks for this info. Too bad I didn't have it before I purchased some for $2 a ball. It still had the Big Lots price tag of $1. Because of that,I have not purchased anything else through KP ads. Love this site and all the help from everyone.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Mabel's Nema said:
lavande said:
Thanks for this info. Too bad I didn't have it before I purchased some for $2 a ball. It still had the Big Lots price tag of $1. Because of that,I have not purchased anything else through KP ads. Love this site and all the help from everyone.
PLEASE contact the Admin. about this. I have been asking him to stop this abuse of the classifieds section for months, without success.

The classifieds is for DESTASHING... in fact the board rules say "Occasional Destashing"... In destashing you sell for less than market value. You do not go to Big Lots and buy a buggy full of $1 yarn and then sell it to your fellow KPers for a 200% markup. Cheating other members is unscrupulous and should get your posting priviledges revoked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bbop1 said:
Am not sure what to do as I have not mentioned it to the seller. I have the yarn sitting in its box staring at me.
Hi,
I also bought from this seller. Was not happy when I received the yarn to find out I had paid $2 a ball (plus postage) for yarn from Big Lots with their price tags of $1 each. Other members have posted that this yarn is always available at Big Lots. Mine was not a discontinued color so I question if it was bought just for resale at a profit. I will no longer buy from KP members. I reported this to Admin. Please stay in touch and let me know what admin says if you also report it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seller says that she "provides a service" and that she has not had any complaints besides ours. I just think that she should clearly state the original price and source of what she is selling. I have a Big lots a mile away. Had I known I would have gone there and not pay double PLUS shipping! I appreciate those that have understood my frustration. I do not want to contact PayPal as they could cut her off totally. All I ask is that you be honest!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I agree with every-one on here you should not try and cheat the good people on here they are trusting you that you are not a cheater you make it bad for the honest people. As they say what goes around, comes around. remember that the next time some one cheats you.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
bbop1 said:
Seller says that she "provides a service" and that she has not had any complaints besides ours. I just think that she should clearly state the original price and source of what she is selling. I have a Big lots a mile away. Had I known I would have gone there and not pay double PLUS shipping! I appreciate those that have understood my frustration. I do not want to contact PayPal as they could cut her off totally. All I ask is that you be honest!
I totally agree with you, that there is no excuse for cheating ! This seller should be very ashamed of herself and cut off KP totally ! God is judging also, so she will need much more medicine from now!..

·
Registered
14 Posts
THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM THE SELLER! SHE ADMITS TO BREAKING THE RULES! LIKEM NO ONE ELSE HAS PROBLEMS? I wish I could tell you something you wanted to hear but, that isn't going to happen. I can sell on this site at any price I can get. I do alot of people happy that can't get out to a yarn store or that doesn't have a yarn store. I do them a service, if you don't like my service then don't buy from me. I sell alot of yarn here and I have many many repeat customers....I just went thru something similar to this a few months ago if you'd like to reasearch that. I also participated in conversations on the boards. and I have made many many friends. So you can tell whom ever you wish about my cheating you (your words not mine) and just don't buy from me if you don't want to. You don't have to ruin my name with comments that are less than nice. I do alot of good on this site. I would hope you would know that about me as well. I just beat cancer by having a kidney taken out last week well week before. I've had my share of problems and your's is at the bottom of my list for me to worry about how badly you can hurt me because you felt duped. You're the first person that complained so loudly out of the 2 of you. So sorry again for any inconvenience this caused you, and nothing was meant to decieve anyone. I sell to make a profit even though the rules say otherwise. Besides you would have to look at several other people selling on here all the time too. Just let it go mamn and accept my apololgy for NOT Cheating you on purpose. And not all Gala yarn is like the other person you were talking to. Sometimes you get an oddball ball of yarn but I love working with GAla yarn. Made tons of hats and scarves for Missouri Salvation army charities. Thats all I have to say about this matter. It was talked about enough the last time this is over as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
In my humble opinion the true price of any yarn that someone is selling from their stash is more than the sticker on the skein. Consider that the person paid tax on the yarn, maybe as high as 8.5%. Then there is the cost of procuring the yarn, maybe they drove quite a ways to get it or paid shipping costs to order it off of the net. I would consider those costs recoverable.

Please let me suggest that if you don't care for a seller, ignore the listing. If you don't care for the yarn that is being sold, ignore the listing. If you don't like the price being asked, ignore the listing. There is no need to be rude or hurtful. If you feel the need to notify an administrator, that is your perogative, go do it. The comments you have made on this post have been hurtful and insulting, not only to the seller but to all other KP members looking at the postings.

How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
This isn't the first time that this has happened and probably won't be the last. I don't know why people feel the need to 'save the world' against this horrible, horrible person. Nascargrany isn't the only person on KP who does this. Why is she the only one who gets 'attacked' for this. If it is 'against the rules' then this rule should apply to everyone and individuals should not be singled out.

Why does anyone feel the need to publicize their discontent? The only reason that I can come up with is pure evil/hatred.

We can all read how some sellers have accumulated the yarn that they sell here on KP. If anyone here on KP is not being truthful, isn't that between them and God?

What I don't understand is why did you (a general statement) buy the yarn to begin with? Didn't you know what you were buying? How is that anyone's fault but your own? You obviously felt that it was a 'good deal', otherwise you wouldn't have bought it, right? So why now, because someone has some vengeance to get out, is it such a big deal. You didn't have a problem with it all along. People need to be responsible for their own selves. People need to know what they are buying, in any situation. It's only common sense to see if you can get an item cheaper somewhere else, whether it be online or getting in your own car and driving to the store and buying it yourself.

Next time, take a little time to do some basic research and don't blame the seller, no matter 'who' the seller is.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom